close x

Investment banking field job

I have done my MBA from Birmingham University and hold two years work visa which will be expiring by 2013 and am currently in Mumbai and looking for making a career in investment banking either in India or in UK. Can anyone please help me in this regard?

Originally posted by : vivek

I have done my MBA from Birmingham University and hold two years work visa which will be expiring by 2013 and am currently in Mumbai and looking for making a career in investment banking either in India or in UK. Can anyone please help me in this regard?

Hey Vivek, you did not try for a job in UK? Did you approach any investment banking company in India, guess with a foreign MBA you would find it a little easier to get a job here. I just completed my Bcom and planning to join for MBA from any good university in UK, Please guide me

Even I did my MBA from UK and back to India 6 months back but finding it very difficult to get any opening. I got an interview with a small boutique investment firm last week but unfortunately couldn’t answer well in the interview.

Yeah Ritesh, I tried in UK and also had 3 interviews in India but somewhere am just clueless how to handle interviews. Veena which firm was this? Is there still vacancy in that company what question did they ask you by the way.

They asked me

What is your outlook for Euro? Do you think it’s good to have one currency, one interest rate, one monetary policy covering different countries?

Hey interesting question, even the idea looks stupid if I have to say from tomorrow China, India, Nepal, Singapore, srilanka and Pakistan would have single currency

Even I was asked about Euro crisis, Greece bailout problem. Knowing the answer is different but still handling the interview is very tough I guess, some mock interview sessions and even some training covering on M&A and valuation would be very helpful.

Guys am doing CFA level II and new to this forum, any discussions related to jobs and interviews would be very helpful. The question what Veena mentioned is interesting and even a thought of India and Pakistan having same currency is thought provoking. But by any chance if it happens there will be no fake currency problem for India.

accountant

Vivek I agree to your point about getting some formal training, that will not only help you for the interview but also once you are in the job you are prepared for the job from the day one, which is most important otherwise sustaining that kind of high pressure in an investment banking field will be tough.

Are you currently working in investment banking Richard? But do you think to answer questions like this any training would help, to me it looks like reading newspapers and applying your mind (commonsense) should be fine

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :