Easy Office
LCI Learning

Invalid xml. generate xml again using latest utility.

Page no : 2

Pushpak Lal (Student CA Final ) (286 Points)
Replied 30 July 2017

iam facing the same problem now.please help

Kiran. S (CTO) (745 Points)
Replied 30 July 2017

If ur getting error down load the  ITR-4S  PR5  VERSION IS THE LATEST

Bhawna (Ms.) (123 Points)
Replied 31 July 2017

Last time when I had this issue, problem was with my excel. Try doing it in another system or excel, if it works there you might need to update excel.

Vikas Rathore (7 Points)
Replied 03 August 2017

Hi, 

But Im unable to upload ITR 2, error is same "Invalid XML. Generate XML again using latest utility" 

I already dowon load lated excel file from Income Tax site.

Please suggest, what to do?

1 Like

Stutee Jhunjhunwala (article assistant) (22 Points)
Replied 08 October 2017

Every Time I am trying to upload ITR 2  for A.Y 17-18, I get an error "Invalid XML. Generate XML again using latest utility" I downloaded a new fresh file each time and then filled the same and uploaded, but still I get this error. And this is not the first time I am uploading the return, earlier also, I uploaded the returns the same way, but this time I am not able to upload the return, cannot figure out what is the problem. Can any one help?

Ronald Rasquinha (2 Points)
Replied 29 June 2018

I too am facing the same problem. XML is generated from latest ITR2 utility. Yet not able to upload XML file. I get the same response "Unable to upload. Use latest XML Utility"

Khursheed (Auditors & Tax Consultant)   (32 Points)
Replied 05 July 2019

This is happening in Excel utility.

kindly clear the matter. this is an important issue. 

After downloading fresh utility the result is same.

Vijay M (2 Points)
Replied 04 August 2019

Hi All,

I get same error but I am closer to the solution may be. This is happening as your excel dot net SW is not latest. when I asked this with IT dept on a mail  - they sent me the link to download latest dotnet SW and asked me to download excel ITR again and refill, and generate XML file

Really its time consuming and complex process .I find.. related link is below

https://in.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=ima&hsimp=yhs-002&p=invalid%20X M L%20error%20in%20ITR%20filing&type=q3485_$$CUSTOM_PARAM(intpubid)$$q

Rashmi Dhar (2 Points)
Replied 26 August 2019

Every Time I am trying to upload ITR 2, I get an error "Invalid XML. Generate XML again using latest utility"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: