Intraday trading activities for a female

Hello,

I am a female of 23 year old.i am a housewife who does intraday trading on a regular basis.i have a few queries

1. Is this income  treated as a regular income?? If yes am I exempted 2.5 lakhs?

2. Is this business income? Then can I decrease the tax by adding other charges like internet, phone, advisory charges etc.

3. What about short term trading? Am I suppose to pay a straight charge of 15 percent on that?

It would be real help if anyone can provide some examples n teach me since I am a science student.

Thank u so much.

Replies (2)

IMHO this should be treated as Speculative business income and ITR4 should be used. Others experts please help.

1) It does not come under normal income if it is traded on a recognised stock exchange and will taxed under 111A.

2) If the shares or securities is not traded on any stock exchange then it will be clubed under normal salary/Biz income

3) Seperate special tax of 15% is apllicable and you can carry forward loss also. 

Plz download from following Link . this 20 page PDf tutorial contains plenty of Illustrations and will guide you - how to calculate Tax for short term capital gains 

https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/tutorials/14-%20stcg.pdf

I hope this helps

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details