Incorrect entry in form 26as due to excess tds payment

Sumit (Software Engineer) (1 Points)

06 June 2017  

Hi,

Last year August, I had deducted Rs.12,593.96 as TDS (1% of Transaction amount of Rs 12,59,396) while making payment to a property builder. And I paid the same amount through Challan No 280 using ICICI Bank's Net Banking facility. However, while making payment, ICICI deducted Rs 12,594 (rounded off the amount to next higher digit). Subsequently, I downloaded FORM16B which correctly showed the TDS Amount of Rs. 12,593.16 and sent to builder.

Today, I came to know from my FORM 26AS that there are two transactions showing against same Challan number. One transaction showing Transaction Amount as Rs 12,59,396 with TDS as Rs. 12,593.96. The second transaction is showing Transaction Amount as Rs 12,59,396 with TDS as Rs 0.04 with both Deductee and Deductor as my name. Therefore, in section A2 (For Seller of Property), there is a record showing my name as Deductor with my own PAN Number. Similarly, there are two records in Section F, one showing Builder's Name as Deductee (with TDS as Rs. 12,593.96) and another showing my name as Deductee (with TDS Rs. 0.04).

I have met the Bank officials but they are unable to help since it is more than 3 months old. I have also met AO but he says he can't correct TRACES data. I have written to TDS-CPC but did not receive any reply.

Please advise how to correct this. Or, is it OK to file my return?

Thanks,
Sumit