Income tax returns for previous fy

admin admin (13 Points)

17 December 2015  

Hi , 

Here is the situation. Appreciate some serious advice. No pranks please. 

I am an NRI. I have not filed income tax in India for FY 09-10. 10-11. 11-12. 12-13.13-14. 14-15. Main reason was my taxable income in India was never ( presumably ) more than the respective FY's mimum taxable income. 

However, Recently IT department has sent me reminding me to submit the taxes for 14-15 AY. I was confused with it and just went ahead and submitted the ITR1 for FY 14-15 It went well. However, later realized that it was AY than FY the department was referring to. Further investgation revealed that all of sudden various PF and super annuation from my companies back in 2002-2006 have deposited around 5Lacks in my account. All that amount and my FDs taxes are already TDS but it seems due to limit overrun department computer system has flagged me out. 

My questions -

1) how far I should and I can go back in time to be compliant. I owe no taxes ... I am sure about this because of TDS . 

2) I am trying to get the actual TDS from various parties but it will take some time. what happens in case of delays. I have already submitted my response on the IT site that return is under progress 

3) I am trying to register on TRACES website from outside India, but last 10 attempts have failed. I have also raised a helpdesk ticket with the IT department but it seems they look at it once in a while. I am trying to download 26AS form and thats the reason I need this login. Is there any alternative.. the current download / register / failure cycle seems not working and never ending. 

4) what is expert suggestion shall I handle this my self or do I need to go for paid online service ( but frankly speaking these including H&R block suck ) . Is there anyone out there who can help me for a fees?  this is for Pune MH India region by the way. 

Thanks for reading ... 

Raj