Easy Office
LCI Learning

Income tax return without bank account

Page no : 2

dhaval kotadiya (artical assistant) (22 Points)
Replied 10 December 2011

I am also confused about this

Neerav Karia (Article Assistant ) (68 Points)
Replied 10 December 2011

u can file the return without mentioning the details of ur bank a/c if u r using any softwares for them. e.g. kitret.They allow u to validate the files without bank a/c information.

But if u r using the Excel utilities of income tax department,it is mandatory to mention the bank a/c no. for validating the file.

deepa (CA) (79 Points)
Replied 11 December 2011

neerav is absolutely correct.....i have also marked the fact

CA Tushar Lakhanpal (CA) (416 Points)
Replied 12 December 2011

i Did filed many returns without filling bank account nos. and they did got accepted even now i have recd there intimation (143(1)) too.. so i think bank accounts are not manadatory

Amit Agarwal (General Manager - Accounts)   (42 Points)
Replied 12 December 2011

From Assesment year 2011-12 in excel utitlity of IT return downloaded from IT department site, Bank account detail is mandatory filed whethere refund to be claimed or not. You will not allow to keep blank the filed.

If u have not any bank account or not want to given the detail of your bank a/c, just filled the "." or any one character & validate the file. System will be accept your IT return & also to be process by IT department.

But if u proivde wrong a/c no. or not provide, refund can not be received by you.

Amit Agarwal (General Manager - Accounts)   (42 Points)
Replied 12 December 2011

From Assesment year 2011-12 in excel utitlity of IT return downloaded from IT department site, Bank account detail is mandatory filed whethere refund to be claimed or not. You will not allow to keep blank the filed.

If u have not any bank account or not want to given the detail of your bank a/c, just filled the "." or any one character & validate the file. System will be accept your IT return & also to be process by IT department.

But if u proivde wrong a/c no. or not provide, refund can not be received by you.

Gulshan Kumar (Professional Accountant)   (119 Points)
Replied 12 December 2011

correct!

all of above saying no need to opened bank account

michaelK (NA) (46 Points)
Replied 12 December 2011

yeah am agree with phani he also mention the reason why it can be so term plan insurance

REVATHY (ACCOUNTANT) (21 Points)
Replied 13 December 2011

PHANI is absolutel correct

CA sachin c chavan (proprietor) (26 Points)
Replied 14 December 2011

You can file your IT return without having bank a/c

MEHUL BHUTA (ACCOUNTS MANAGER) (22 Points)
Replied 15 December 2011

i agree with phani.. but  Amit agrawal is also right.

Nilesh Bavadiya (Tax Consultant) (21 Points)
Replied 24 June 2013

all are agree with each other,but want to know the IT Department is agree with wrong bank detail filed in ITR ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: