Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Info Technology > Tally >

Import data from excel to tally 7.2

Pages : 1 2 3

CA

[ Scorecard : 204]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 08:44 Report Abuse

Does anyone know how to import data from excel to tally 7.2?

There are number of transaction of sales in excel & want to import them directly in tally 7.2.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

VIGNESH
CA FINAL,

[ Scorecard : 305]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 11:13

YOU CANNOT IMPORT EXCEL DATA TO TALLY, 

Hari Babu
CA Final

[ Scorecard : 57]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 13:44

Hi Dhara,

You can very well import Data in excel form to Tally 7.2, provided you buy the tally version 7.2. A week back we did that for one our friend's business. I 'll give full details as soon as possible.

Regards

Hari

subramanya
Professional

[ Scorecard : 852]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 14:06

Originally posted by : Dhara

Does anyone know how to import data from excel to tally 7.2?

There are number of transaction of sales in excel & want to import them directly in tally 7.2.

Hi,

Directly it is not possible to import excel data to Tally.

However, you can convert that excel data to xml format (as per Tally standards) so that you can import the same into Tally.

Subramanya

ramajayam
ARTILCE

[ Scorecard : 136]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 16:03

ya what subramaniya said is right that the excel can be changed into xml via foxpro programe i have that programe but with few errors but i will come up with a complete one with in a month or two. Currently i am working on it 

Hardik
Practicing Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 29]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 16:45

Originally posted by : ramajayam

ya what subramaniya said is right that the excel can be changed into xml via foxpro programe i have that programe but with few errors but i will come up with a complete one with in a month or two. Currently i am working on it 

Dear Mr. Ramajayam,

please update me on hardik @ mevada.in once you have completed your excersise.

- CA Hardik Mevada

ramajayam
ARTILCE

[ Scorecard : 136]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 17:50

surely 

Raju Khatri J
TFMC

[ Scorecard : 70]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 18:25

Yes we need to convert into XML to export the data to tally. 

Its very simple process.

1. make a sale entry in tally
  2. Export the voucher from tally in xml format (this is to give u how the xml looks)
  3. Open the excel file where all the data is ther.
  4. open a word file, so that we can prepare the xml for mutiple vouchers. For this we will use Mail Merge facility
  5. in the XML which we did in step two, copy the data from "<TALLYMESSAGE xmlns:UDF="TallyUDF">" till the </TALLYMESSAGE> 
  6. Now open the word file, go to mail merger, select the fields which needs to be changed, that is the Debtors and the amount (for normal sale entries) which should change for every sale voucher.
  7. create the mail merge. 
  8. copy the data what you got in word file to a note pad and name it as sample.
  9. open again the step 2 - copy data from " <ENVELOPE> to <REQUESTDATA>" and paste in the begining of the notepad sample
  10. go the end of the notepad sample  and copy the data from first file -"step 2" from " </REQUESTDATA> to </ENVELOPE>" and save the file
  11. Open tally
  12. go to import vocuhers
  13. specify the path of the notepad sample and yes ur data got imported.

I hope i have explained it for ur understanding. I will be able to post any reply only after my exams - 9th May - you can mail me at rajukhatri1atgmail.com

Thanks

Total thanks : 7 times

nagakrishnashasthri
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT

[ Scorecard : 35]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 19:14

Dear Raju

Thanks for your explaination, your explaination is very good for the Credit Sales, my problem is my firm deals with Cash sales only inculding VAT. please tell me how to import the data from EXCEL to Tally 7.2 as the volume of the data is more

CA Rishabh Beria
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 37]
Posted On 24 April 2010 at 19:31

Data can be imported in Tally 7.2 and even more conveniently in Tally.ERP 9.

A program is required to be written to convert excel data to XML as it is correctly mentioned above that Tally can pull data only through XML or through its own language - TDL.

Our company is involved in lot of such tally integration and extension projects.

Please feel free to contact me at  rishabh.beria @ janusconsultrix.com for any help or if any such solution is required. 

There are 27 Replies to this message

Related Files