Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ifrs course - icai vs kpmg?

Page no : 2

Neha Jain (Chartered Accountant) (128 Points)
Replied 27 September 2015

Originally posted by : sidgupta
Being a CA for the last 7 years, I regret to inform you that ICAI Certificate course is not at all good. It is objective based and the questions include Fill in the Blanks, Multiple choice, true and false. It does not enhance your knowledge whatsover. In the end there is a small case study. I have done this course and I am still struggling to incorporate IFRS (Ind AS) in my job. So I will not recommend anybody to waste their time or money.

Secondly, IFRS is my passion so I have done my Diploma in IFRS (ACCA) as well by KPMG. Recognition is there and questions are better but if you notice in the last 8 year question papers, the first 2 questions are always on consolidation. Only the figures have changed. And they never ask any question on Income taxes. IFRS clearly states that "each and every transaction or event has to be shown with income tax effect". The strange thing is that I was not able to complete the paper on time but was still awarded the certificate.

I have spent about close to 1 lakh on these 2 courses and I am still struggling with undertanding Ind AS (as India will be one of the first country to implement 2 new standards ie, IFRS 15 - revenue and IFRS 9). Understanding meaning of paragraphs is tough but application is tougher. It hasnt added any value to my career just another point on my resume.

Recently I came across this wesbite called IFRS Demystified. There I found vast resources (study material) on IFRS and they are actually helpful for my job (implementation). You can also post your questions and they answer too. You can download the books as well. Most of them are free. You can have a look if you really want to learn IFRS   www.ifrsdemystified.com

Hope this helps

CA Sidharth Gupta

1 Like

(Guest)

@ Neha Jain

Yes you can get the certificate from your employer and sit for the exams.

@ CA Adarsh:

ACCA course is primarily meant for employees who have to deal with practical application of IFRS or are seeking to migrate to a country where IFRSs are in force. Yes, it can be cleared by self study. Hope it helps.

(Guest)

@ Harshit

1. Should this above 2yrs work exp cert. be of a firm or a company?

A: Firm or Company doesn't matter. 2 years if you are a CA or 3 years if you're a BCom graduate.

2. I m not a CA nor have any work exp, so can i use a fake work exp cert. of from one of the company of my knowns. Do they perform cross confirmation about the company mentioned in the experince certificate.

A: It's best to provide genuine documents. However, there is yet to be any known instance of cross examination. You should not be concerned about that.

3. I m unable to find good study material for preparation of the exams yet, which are due in december. Do acca provide study material on registration.

A: No they don't. But they give an index of topics examinable in the coming sessions. You can surf the internet topic wise to get notes or you can purchase the original BPP text book specifically published for this exam. It costs roughly 200 GBP by post.

4. They require the relevant documents to be send by post..is it so?

A: Yes. But only for the initial registration. For re-sitting, fees can be paid online without sending any documents.

5. I hv completed my graduation from rajasthan university. Does it amounts to one of the aprroved universities for acca.

A: Yes as long as its a full time 3 year degree course. However, ACCA office at Glasgow will process your application and their discretion is final.

Hope it helps.

CA DEVIKA BANSAL (Assistant Manager-Finance)   (37 Points)
Replied 13 April 2016

Please suggest me the best institute in Delhi for IFRS coaching.

Sandeep Garg (Consolidation and IndAS Application)   (1056 Points)
Replied 13 April 2016

You can go for big 4 classes if you are pursuing ACCA. Their course content is as per ACCA syllabus in which topics which are not relevant for the exam are not not explained.

CA Akshay (Practicing CA) (25 Points)
Replied 18 April 2016

ACCA Diploma in IFRS better than ICAI in all respect. ICAI faculty and questions are poor. ACCA questions are good and recognition is there.

@ CA Devika Bansal both KPMG and EY are providing training for ACCA Dip IFRS but that is for professionals. I am also based in Delhi and I have heard mixed reviews. Some say it is good, others say not sufficient.

@ Harshit Articleship is also considered for work experience. But a letter from your employer is required.

pooja (article) (37 Points)
Replied 14 June 2016

Hi, 

Your answer is very helpful,but since you have already been through the IFRS course content twice already, once with ICAI and another with KPMG, then isnt it easier for you to understand the content throught the demystifies website?

Since I am a Fresh Chartered Accountant it would require me more basic training, isnt it?

I would be obliged if you could answer my query.

karen (CA Job) (21 Points)
Replied 10 September 2016

can someone suggest if the IFRS course provided by naukri is worth it? if i need a certification for this course can one suggest?

rajkuamr singh (professional) (22 Points)
Replied 19 September 2016

i did both and found that, institutes exam is far better than ACCA. To gain knowledge and conceptual understanding go for Cer. Ind AS. For diploma go for ACCA. ACCA paper pattern is lengty and mechanical. Not much importance on concept. 

To gain knowledge and conceptual understanding go for Cer. Ind AS.

Sanjeev Vashishth (Article) (26 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

Hi, just wanted to know if IFRS and INDAS are same? 

M a CA Inter and if i opt for IFRS from KPMG, will that be effective enough to understand IND AS?

Sanjeev Vashishth (Article) (26 Points)
Replied 09 November 2016

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm if INDAS and IFRS are same. M a CA inter and if i opt for KPMG, will that be effective enough to understand IND AS

CA Final Student (Article) (27 Points)
Replied 07 December 2016

Hi. Can u please tell is there any job opportunity in kpmg if we do the diploma from there? will they hire those who excels in the diploma exam.

Jeet Biswas (ACMA (in Service)) (5073 Points)
Replied 16 December 2016

Originally posted by : Sanjeev Vashishth
Hi,

Just wanted to confirm if INDAS and IFRS are same. M a CA inter and if i opt for KPMG, will that be effective enough to understand IND AS

No they arent the same.

IND AS is "IFRS adapted for India", with changes (called Carve Outs)

Anurup Dasgupta (Articled Assistant) (27 Points)
Replied 09 February 2017

Sir,

I am a CA finalist and I would like to take the EY diploma course in IFRS certified by ACCA. IndAS is of paramount importance in the Indian context and surely a course would enhance one's knowledge as well as future prospects. However I am not sure if this course is worth the bucks. The course is said to be conducted by senior executives of EY. More than anything else,I am skeptical about the quality of teaching. If anybody has been through this particular course or knows something about it, then some inputs from them would be much appreciated.

I am also providing a link of the course: https://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/ey-diploma-in-ifrs-by-acca/$FILE/ey-diploma-in-ifrs-by-acca.pdf

Thank you.

Anurup

Anurup Dasgupta (Articled Assistant) (27 Points)
Replied 09 February 2017

Sir,

I am a CA finalist and I would like to take the EY diploma course in IFRS certified by ACCA. IndAS is of paramount importance in the Indian context and surely a course would enhance one's knowledge as well as future prospects. However I am not sure if this course is worth the bucks. The course is said to be conducted by senior executives of EY. More than anything else,I am skeptical about the quality of teaching. If anybody has been through this particular course or knows something about it, then some inputs from them would be much appreciated.

I am also providing a link of the course: https://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/ey-diploma-in-ifrs-by-acca/$FILE/ey-diploma-in-ifrs-by-acca.pdf

Thank you.

Anurup

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: