Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Others >

If I have more time , then did CWA , says chanda kochhar

Pages : 1 2

-->

CA

[ Scorecard : 365]
Posted On 11 January 2012 at 11:07 Report Abuse

Ms Chanda Kochhar , who did her MBA from Asia 3rd top B.school in India , She is alumni of Janmna Lal Mumbai, She is also Cost Accountants. Please read her remarks.

Chanda Kochhar: It's fashionable to change jobs every 3 years

Last updated on: January 11, 2012 08:09 IST

Chanda Kochhar
Next

Chanda Kochhar, MD and CEO of ICICI Bank talks about the education system in India and offers advise on how parents can help in the decision making process of a child's career.

As the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ICICI Bank, Chanda Kochhar needs no introduction.

Her views on education, choosing a career and growing in it, and India's job market vis-a-vis the modern economy are something that not many people are familiar with.

She spoke to Maheshwar Peri in a candid tete-a-tete

Tell us something about your childhood.

I come from a very education-oriented family.

My father was the principal of Malaviya Regional Engineering College at Jaipur, it is now called Malaviya National Institute of Technology.

I think the basic thing in him was that children must be able to get good education whatever be their circumstances. The choice of career was up to us but whatever we would decide to do we should do well in that. I was still in school in Jaipur when my father expired, leaving behind my mother and three children.

That's when my mother decided to shift to Bombay, where I would complete the rest of my education.

What made you study cost accountancy at Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI)?

I had planned to do an MBA after finishing graduation.

While I was doing my graduation I realised I had too much time at hand.

So instead of hanging around in college I thought I should do cost accountancy. That's how I came to enroll at ICWAI.

You did acquire an MBA afterwards. Right?

Yes, as I had planned.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Member (Account Deleted)
student

[ Scorecard : 256]
Posted On 11 January 2012 at 12:43

" While I was doing my graduation I realised I had too much time at hand.

So instead of hanging around in college I thought I should do cost accountancy. That's how I came to enroll at ICWAI."

@ D.k.Bose. 

When she had more time at her hand so she thought to do cost accountancy and finally she did. but the pitty fact she dint even thought of doing Chartered accoutancy course..so from this u can easily understand the level of CWA. She might have had thought dat thinking of doing Ca is not even worth of her calibre.

Member (Account Deleted)
CA

Posted On 11 January 2012 at 12:51

I think she mean it may be time pass course. MAY be she mean or not , she may clarify.

Member (Account Deleted)
student

Posted On 11 January 2012 at 12:53

Originally posted by : Raj Kumar Gupta

I think she mean it may be time pass course. MAY be she mean or not , she may clarify.

It not her analysis, but infact its your analysis that doing CWA is time pass.

Member (Account Deleted)
CA

Posted On 11 January 2012 at 12:56

I mean it is very good course for value addition to ones career. Good for working professional , who does not have time  for articleship , CA MBA CS and egineres can get very good value addition from CWA. 

Member (Account Deleted)
student

Posted On 11 January 2012 at 13:04

CWA is not a value addition course... CWA is itself a complete career...May be MBA , CS wud be a good value addition course....but once u qualify CWA...then no need to do additional small time value addition course like CA.

Member (Account Deleted)
CA

Posted On 11 January 2012 at 13:11

But She got placed by Jamna Lala Mubai campus ,not in campus of CWA.

Member (Account Deleted)
student

Posted On 11 January 2012 at 13:14

How do u came to know? did she told u personaly.

Member (Account Deleted)
CA

Posted On 11 January 2012 at 13:21

Member (Account Deleted)
student

Posted On 11 January 2012 at 13:45

Originally posted by : Raj Kumar Gupta
Check her biography,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanda_Kochhar

She joined As a trainee after her masters, it does not mean dat she got placed by jamnlal mumbai campus. dont misinterpret it. 

There are 13 Replies to this message

Related Files