Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Info Technology >

ICSI-NIIT Computer Course -reg

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6

STUDENT CS [EXEC. PROG.]

[ Scorecard : 52]
Posted On 20 September 2007 at 16:03 Report Abuse

Hello!

I am planning to appear in the online Exemption Test (to be conducted by NIIT) for the ICSI-NIIT Compulsory Computer Training so as to become eligible to sit in for the ensuing CS (Inter) Examination-December,2007. Could you please throw some light on the so-called online Test as well as provide me a copy of the "Study Kit", if prepared by NIIT, in this regard?

Online classes for CA CS CMA

MOHIT MAHAJAN
LCS, ACA

[ Scorecard : 1940]
Posted On 20 September 2007 at 16:52

HI, AJIT YOU CAN GET THE STUDY KIT FROM THE INSTITUTE IF YOU REGISTER FOR REGULAR COURSE FROM NIIT; USUALLY NO STUDY KIT IS PROVIDED BY NIIT. IN CASE OF ONLINE EXEMPTION TEST I THINK YOU WON'T GET BOOKS FROM THE INSTITUTE. YOU WILL HAVE TO REFER SUPPLEMENTARY BOOKS FOR PREPERATION. MOREOVER YOU CAN APPEAR IN DECEMBER 2007 ONLY BY FILLING DECLARATION FORM AVAILABLE ON INSTITUTE'S WEBSITE AS THE DATE FOR COMPLETING NIIT TRAINING HAVE BEEN EXTENDED TO FEB. 24, 2008.

Miss Komal Mantri
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 1949]
Posted On 20 September 2007 at 19:20

Hello Ajit.... Generally the questions asked in this test are related to E-Commerce and PPT.... As such no study is reqd for such test... but if u wanna prepare then u can take bks from the person who r doin regular training as the test is same for both type of students... You will get two opportunities to clear this exam... Bye Komal

CSAjit
STUDENT CS [EXEC. PROG.]

Posted On 21 September 2007 at 13:55

Hi Mohit & Komal,
Thanks a lot 2 both of you!
Could you plz throw some light on the pattern of the ONLINE TEST, i mean, how many Qs be asked, and what topics are mostly covered etc. etc. I m quite in the dark about the syllabus as I m not enroled with NIIT and cannot have the said Study kit. Eagerly looking forward to your further response,

MOHIT MAHAJAN
LCS, ACA

[ Scorecard : 1940]
Posted On 22 September 2007 at 10:54

Hi ajit, here is the syllabus for the test The Internet & E-mail: Word Processing (MS Word) Spreadsheet (MS Excel) MS PowerPoint: Accounting Package (Latest Version of Tally / Equivalent Accounting Package) Digital signature Existing Privacy Protection, IT Laws and Security Introduction to e-commerce, MCA-21 project of GOI, Conversion of MS-WORD file into PDF file and vice versa The test will be of 80 min. duration. I am not clear about no. of questions. for more details you can log on to website of ICSI www.icsi.edu or can contact the NIIT center.

Miss Komal Mantri
Chartered Accountant

Posted On 22 September 2007 at 10:54

There are 30questions in all.... different questions carry different marks,ranging from 1 to 5...passing marks is 50%

CSAjit
STUDENT CS [EXEC. PROG.]

Posted On 08 October 2007 at 15:37

Hi Mohit, Thank you very much for your valuable information. May I have your E-mail ID please?

CSAjit
STUDENT CS [EXEC. PROG.]

Posted On 08 October 2007 at 15:38

Hi Komal, Thank you very much for your valuable information. May I have your E-mail ID please?

Miss Komal Mantri
Chartered Accountant

Posted On 09 October 2007 at 10:57

my mail id is mantri_komal @ rediffmail.com....if u have any problem do ask me from this forum...

CSAjit
STUDENT CS [EXEC. PROG.]

Posted On 09 October 2007 at 14:18

Hi Komal, you'll get an E-mail shortly.....

There are 55 Replies to this message

Related Files