Icai-ignou mcom mein big confusion:abt no of subjects lochaa

Sushant Lohani (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (1051 Points)

18 September 2011  

Confusion regarding programme structure of ICAI-IGNOU MCOM(F&T)

Dear friends,

I want to bring to your knowledge the difference in the programme structure of Masters of Commerce(Finance and Taxation) as per the ICAI-IGNOU MOU.As per the prospectus of such programme, the programme structure should be :

PART A:   Courses offered by  IGNOU

1 MCO – 01 Organisation Theory and Behaviour

2 MCO – 03 Research Methodology and Statistical analysis

3 MCO – 04 Business Environment

4 MCO – 06 Marketing Management

5 IBO –  06 International Business Finance

PART B: Courses  to be studied as part of Chartered Accountancy Final  Stage offered by ICAI

6 MCO– 011 Financial Reporting

7 MCO– 012 Strategic Financial Management

8 MCO– 013 Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics

9 MCO– 014 Corporate and Allied Laws

(Section A - Company Law; Section B - Allied Laws)

10   MCO– 015         Advanced Management Accounting

11 MCO– 016 Information Systems Control and Audit

12 MCO– 017 Direct Tax Laws

13 MCO– 018 Indirect Tax Laws

(Section A - Central Excise; Section B - Service Tax & VAT;  Section

Few days back, I received the registration letter from IGNOU, which they have written and I quote

“Courses opted are: IBO6             MCO1    MCO11 MCO12 MCO13 MCO14 MCO6    MCO16 MCO17 MCO18 MCO3    MCO4                MCO15

--->>>Also, they have written the subjects like IBO6 which isn’t present in the prospectus info.

---->MCO11,MCO12,MCO14,MCO17,MCO18,MCO 15 are covered by CA final and like B.Com(A&F), they should have been exempt just like the subjects of CA inter/pcc/ipcc in such bcom.

I opted for this programme as I am appearing for CA final this November 2011 and by passing extra 5 subjects I could get MCom degree, thanks to icai. But the “admission/registration letter” gives a different picture.ALSO THE URL IN IGNOU WEBSITE MENTIONS “1ST SEMESTER”.

There has no announcement of the structure being changed or this special MCom for CA students have been made semester wise. I had filled the admission form properly, and all this strange subjects haven’t been opted by me.

I am feeling cheated and helpless.

Has anybody of you faced problems like this?