Icai / icwai / icsi websites - a comparative analysis

Rohit Jain (MBA (FIN ) CS (Professional) )   (2860 Points)

17 September 2013  

Icsi has recently started a placement portal (Too little , much much late ) which prompted me for a comparative analysis of the Icsi / icai and icwai websites .......

Not being extremely insane or hypercritical , i'd like to say that the icsi website is of no use to a information seeker or a serious person who is searching for more indepth data regarding the cs course .....

Most of the links inside the students area (which you get after logging in ) are dead .....

No proper links regarding the course are available on the website and many older links are altogether dead ......

Many links like corporate tender are presented on the home page itself which are of no use to the students and since students themselves use the website more , then what's the use of this 

----------------

Regarding placement portal 

Despite being interested in C.s from two years now , i still have not understood whether icsi provides placements , if yes , then is there any placement event held ........ if its held then where is the data ?? Not to the slightest extent does the icsi try to highlight its placement potential ......Or is it that the icsi has not been able to place a single person ....

Campus placements are a must must for every professional and for a course which is of icsi's stature , it will be a joke if there are no placement efforts being undertaken by institute ....Placements offer a level playing field for students , who'd rather fear about going to apply in large companies etc 

Icsi has recently awaken from slumber but as of time of this writing , all's that present in the portal is just a childish - nineties type html table which is not displaying any data ....

Here is a comparative snapshot of ICAI 's placement portal , ICMAI'S portal and Icsi's portal 

--------------

ICAI

-------------------------------

CMAI

------------------------

Icsi 

Blank slate 

---------------------------------------------------

While recently visiting the icai web site . i was delighted to see how neatly and uncluttered a web site can be , despite providing 100 times better information than icsi's web site 

Even  company law , which is bread and butter of c.s was not spared .......

Mca's recent draft rules found their way to icai's website first than the icsi and even as of the time of this writing , icsi has not updated their web site providing any information on these draft rules 

-------------------

Conclusion 

Without being cynically critical , it is safe to conclude that when it comes to web site , Icsi is still in stone age

It should change its web site structure 

(its been two years since i registered for cs executive and since then they are still updating their web site ....... i have not been able to update my photo and sign myself ........... yes we can through email to icsi helpdesk , but is it that standard way to run a web site of a national level body )

Delighted to go for cs professional ...... Hope that till then (june 2014 ) icsi does something on this front or the other .......