I filled the correct particulars but getting warning of something that is not clear in House rent

jraju (Others) (274 Points)

04 July 2023  

Hi, I am getting monthly rent from my let out property to which I am paying the local tax. I have calculated the income, less tax paid , and 30% of the annual value, and arrived at some amount. I have given this in the house income fields.

But i got an alert that the income chargeable under house rent is more than....something, The alert I got only once and once I clicked it has gone. Again, at the end of the filling of house income, I got one more alert and it has also gone once I okayed.

I am getting house rent of 8000 per month and I paid tax for the year concerned and also some for the previous years in the year 2022 totaling to 14000 Rs.

Should I show only the tax paid to the current year Ie, for the financial year 2022-23 ? and claim the previous years in some other forms or could i show the total in the same year

please clarfiy , as normally you pay only this years taxes and not arrears of taxes.

I remember about section 89 and I do not know if that is to be used