I am job less iitian

(Guest)

Dear Freinds, the situations of the world economy is very worse , though it has not been declare recessiion. but the job situations ar not good for any profession .  Hence , students should not think about such thinks , you better persue you careers in the respective field. These things are temporary and students should not bother about the same. 

See one story of IITian,

Title: I am a Jobless IITian
Question Details:

I am a guy who graduated from IIT Bombay (B.Tech) last year when the recession had begun. I sat for the placements but couldn't make through the interview for the few companies that interviewed me (for some reasons). As a result I am now an unemployed and confused IITian who happens to be a burden on society and my family.

From the above, many must have already concluded that my grades were not good (a GPA in the range of 5).

My main problem is not that I am jobless and unemployed (it is a secondary one), but that I have no explanation to people when they ask about my state. My high school colleagues who did their engineering from other colleges in different states, are today employed and happy with mostly good jobs at hand, with salaries not any less than many IITians. My state is so bad that now I completely regret being an IITian. Its difficult to face society now and I have many times contemplated running away from everyone, but the only thing holding me back is not to bring insults upon my parents.

Before I came to IIT, I had got admission into a private college  in a top branch. I totally regret rejecting that college for IIT today. That college had registered 100% placements for their students. It has become so ridiculous now that I am even ashamed to mention that I am an IITian. Many times people ask me from which college I have studied and the only reply I give is "some random college from Mumbai".

I know many people might brand me as a loser, but I really don't care. I was a good student throughout my school years but was not one the college. Whats more interesting is that many of my school colleagues who didn't perform good in their studies are now having plum jobs at their hands.

So, my advice to all the IIT aspirants would be to work hard for IIT and continue working hard after coming to IIT (in case you get selected). However, if you don't get selected then don't lose heart because life outside IIT is as good as inside it. I can guarantee you that most of the IITians who get placed, don't really get salaries any different form graduates of other colleges. Only a few top cream, even at IIT, end up getting the most sought after offers with very high salaries.

I really don't have any question at all. I just registered to write this.

Thank you.

https://www.askiitians.com/forums/Discuss-with-colleagues-and-IITians/2/6472/I-am-a-Jobless-IITian.htm