Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > TDS >

How to show interest payment challan in nsdl e-tds rpu ?

Pages : 1 2

Branch In Charge

[ Scorecard : 66]
Posted On 19 August 2011 at 18:06 Report Abuse

One of my clients received a notice for late payment of TDS and notice shows an interest of Rs. 814 to be paid.
 So i informed the client to make the payment and he did the same.

Now the question is how to show this in NSDL RPU ??

Please help..

Online classes for CA CS CMA

CA. MANAL CHAWLA
CA + CS Professional

[ Scorecard : 540]
Posted On 22 August 2011 at 15:52

Simply file the revise return for the same period and mention that new challan (Interest Paid) in revise return. and after this also replied to the department regarding the notice. that we have paid the required  amount in govt. due a/c and same updated in TDS return. so please drop all further processing regarding this case.

Manal Kumar

Total thanks : 1 times

Dipjyoti Majumdar
CA in service & CS. dipmaj@ rediffmail.com

[ Scorecard : 2942]
Posted On 22 August 2011 at 19:46

I do not think interest payment under section 201(1A) needs to be disclosed in TDS return in form 26Q. Because the interest amount will not be claimed by anu deductee/payee in his/its assessment by way of adjustment or refund.

Look forward to other responses.

Regards

CA. S. Balasubramanian
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 174]
Posted On 24 August 2011 at 07:21

yes pay the interest amount through challan and the copy of the challan may be furnished to ito who issued order of demand . TDS return need not be revised

regards

Vincent Jose
Branch In Charge

[ Scorecard : 66]
Posted On 24 August 2011 at 13:55

Thanks everyone for your valuable response.

There is a similar problem too.

I saw a default button in TAN Account and through it we get to know all short deduction, late payment details and they are suggesting necessary corrective steps be taken.

What to do in such case ?? I am getting lot of defaults for many clients for delay in payment due to 1 day or so. Should the same step be taken as in case of notice ie remit interest and revise return ?? Or should we just ignore it ??

S TIRUMALA RAO
EXECUTIVE

[ Scorecard : 23]
Posted On 20 February 2012 at 17:42

We got the notice from IT department for late payment interest. We have both kinds of assesse i.e company and non-company.  But the interest is for late payment for a particular month which relates to both kind of assesses. In the notice they are not mentioned company or Non-Company

While preparing the challan for above late interest payment there is an option to select whether the above payment relates to company or non company. Please suggest what is to be done. 

swamyparna
Assistent

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 31 March 2012 at 13:25

hai friends, the above mentioned information has helped me but, i need clarification about adding interest callan in RPU software. my question is, adding new interest challan with annexure or with out annexure details..? for example: i was paid 2000/- interest challan.it was regarding some employees late pay of TDS is there any necessary to mention details of employees in annexure..?

ANIRUDDHA BAKSHI
Assistant

Posted On 09 April 2012 at 16:02

Enter the challan details in the e-TDS RPU and no need to fill the details in Annexture. 

Enter only the interest column in RPU.

amitava@gmail.com
Student

Posted On 18 April 2012 at 12:49

Hi feriends, can any one let me know how to validate a RPU when gap between TDS challan payment date and Interest on dalay deposit is more than 15 months, as you can't download CSI file for a period of more tahn 15 months. 

sripada raja

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 26 November 2013 at 18:30

Dear Sir, we have received intimation U/s 200A regarding late payment of TDS for the FY 2009-10, now we are paying the same, i want to know directly we can make payment of interest or section wise we have to pay the interest. And i want to know from which challan we have to pay.

pls clarify at the earliest

Regards

Sripada

There are 12 Replies to this message

Related Files