Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > Efiling >

How to know ward

Pages : 1

CA

[ Scorecard : 2192]
Posted On 24 March 2012 at 14:14 Report Abuse

Hello,

I'm efiling returns for 3 persons who earlier used to stay in Agra but from the last 4-5 years are staying in Mumbai. The address on their PAN card is of Agra which will soon be changed through Form 49C.

However, I'm e-filing their returns now. For that I have the following queries:

1) What address should I write in their ITR? Can I write Mumbai's address?

2) If yes, then how do I find out which ward they come into. Is there a way on the incometax website or on the web whree I can find out?

In my case, their names start with S, M & P and they're living in Malad(West), Mumbai 400 064. So what are their wards?

Or can I just leave the 'Ward' field blank in the ITR because I believe that is an optional field?

Online classes for CA CS CMA

RAJESH CHOUDHARY
ASSISTANT MANAGER

[ Scorecard : 13864]
Posted On 24 March 2012 at 16:54

According to my knowledge SIr  you can leav ward block blank it will go automatically...

Total thanks : 1 times

G.N.SENTHILKUMAR
ACCOUNTS MANAGER

[ Scorecard : 87]
Posted On 06 April 2012 at 10:23

Dear Yashsr,

Click the link : https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do

and on Service menu click : know your jurisdiction

It will prompt for your PAN number : enter it.

IT SHOW THE WARD, AREA CODE, RANGE NO. ETC......

and just file the return

murtaza
Tax & Finance Consultant

[ Scorecard : 6395]
Posted On 06 April 2012 at 11:09

yes agreed with both experts,

While going on discussion, you can find jurisdiction from your PAN so you can field blank

i am going to give some other prospects for you query

there are three different way to write your ward in ITR

1. address & ward would be your service area or business area

2. address & ward would be your residential permenent address

3. address & ward would be your temporary residential address

Nothing to worry about it but their are difference between salary ward & business/profession ward

so write your correct ward for that you can ask to TIN-NSDL for help

http://www.bcasonline.org/webadmin/news/newsimages/89-tinfacilitation.html

YOGESH
STUDENT

[ Scorecard : 107]
Posted On 06 April 2012 at 14:23

Dear

I agree with Mr Senthil

Rakesh Goenka
CA & CS

[ Scorecard : 860]
Posted On 06 April 2012 at 14:30

LIsten     you should   write their  Agra  address  IN ITR ok go to  link   https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do

write your  pan number  you will  get ward no automatically 

CA.SKR
CA; CS-Final (One Group)

[ Scorecard : 442]
Posted On 06 April 2012 at 23:15

Originally posted by : yashsr

Hello,

I'm efiling returns for 3 persons who earlier used to stay in Agra but from the last 4-5 years are staying in Mumbai. The address on their PAN card is of Agra which will soon be changed through Form 49C.

However, I'm e-filing their returns now. For that I have the following queries:

1) What address should I write in their ITR? Can I write Mumbai's address?

2) If yes, then how do I find out which ward they come into. Is there a way on the incometax website or on the web whree I can find out?

In my case, their names start with S, M & P and they're living in Malad(West), Mumbai 400 064. So what are their wards?

Or can I just leave the 'Ward' field blank in the ITR because I believe that is an optional field?

My opinion for your querries are as under: -

First of all get present address changed in PAN data. New PAN cards will be issued within 7-10 days time.

1) Write present address i.e. Mumbai address.

2) Know your jurisdiction after login from www.incometaxindia.gov.in.

Once new PAN card is issued with Mumbai address, even if you leave the '' Ward'' field blank, your ITR-V will automatically show your correct Jurisdiction / Ward.

yashsr
CA

Posted On 11 April 2012 at 11:27

Thanks for all your help! Now, I've changed the address in the PAN Card and new PAN cards have also arrived. But when I login into my account at incometaxefiling.gov.in and go to 'Know Your Jurisdiction' it still shows the old Agra address and not the new Mumbai one. Now that I've got my address changed, how should I get my jurisdiction changed? I thought it should've happened automatically!!

CA.SKR
CA; CS-Final (One Group)

[ Scorecard : 442]
Posted On 13 April 2012 at 22:46

Please check up again on Income Tax website. If old jurisdiction is still appearing, speak to Income Tax Deptt. PRO on telephone regarding this problem. 

yashsr
CA

Posted On 14 April 2012 at 06:36

Originally posted by : CA.SKR

Please check up again on Income Tax website. If old jurisdiction is still appearing, speak to Income Tax Deptt. PRO on telephone regarding this problem. 

I actually contacted Aaykar Sampark Kendra but they were kind of helpless.. they told me to contact the concerned Income Tax Officer(both the one from Agra and the one from Mumbai) which is stupid since they've now shifted to Mumbai and wouldn't go back to Agra just to get their jurisdiction changed..

What is the contact info of ITD PRO?

There are 9 Replies to this message

Related Files