How to do self study-basics

(Guest)

My friends if u have decided to do self study......I just want to mention a few points that i think will help u.Actually this is my way of doing self study....hope it proves useful to u too.

1)Go through the syllabus .this is the first thing u shud do when u r doing self study.U should know wat all portions u have to cover,wat all chapters are there ,the marking scheme if any.Just get an overview of each subject.

2)start from the chapters u like the most ....it can be sabse chota chapter,pehle se padha hua chapter/topic....chapter  u r familiar with...it can be nething u want to start with......It will help u develope interest in that particular subject.

3)Divide the syllabus in different portions.It will be easy 4u to cover and keep a track of the portions that r left.

4)As u r ur own teacher .no one is going u to tell u how much portion u shud cover in a particular day.u will have to be a bit disciplined to cover atleast a specific portion eachday.

5)have a proper study environment.....keep ur books organised ...else u wont feel like touching ur books.....its always good to have a study table....

6)cover the syllabus in time.....revision is very very important.

7)while reading chapter for the first time...underline the the main points in the book....and make ur own notes,just jot down the important points .Sit with a dictionery....some words used in study material are not in simple terms.....be prepared to do ur own research

8)there is nothing such as 8 ghante padho or 10 ghante padho.Study according to ur capacity.if u sit with the book in front of u for 10 hours and nothing goes into ur head i think its of no use.Study till the time ur brain accepts wat u r feeding to it ,....when brain stops receiving the info take a break and enjoy....then u can study again......In CA the syllabus is vast ..so u have to study a lot but that does not mean u cant enjoy......but make sure u study regularly....regular studies is very important...

9)for subjects such as Accounts,Cost/fm, Tax .buy a good book for reference clear ur concepts ...it will help u to understand the topic better.Read the study material(icai) completely for all subjects.

10) be aware of the latest amendments and changes ..in ur syllabus.

11)Aim high ....always remember ur goal,workhard....u will surely succeed .have faith in urself ur abilities.

just have a mindset from the beginning to do well,scorewell,give ur 100% and never let the enthusiasm drop.:D