Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > VAT >

how to become Sales Tax Practitioner ?

Pages : 1 2

Sr. Accountant

[ Scorecard : 41]
Posted On 25 September 2009 at 10:50 Report Abuse

Hi , friend i m working in accounts field in 8-10 yrs , i m thinking to start tax consultancy and for that i want to be sales tax practitioner , kindly help me , what is proeccdure and formlaties and which exam to be pass  with address and detail

Total thanks : 1 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

CA AJAY GUPTA
PRACTICE

[ Scorecard : 76]
Posted On 25 September 2009 at 11:02

Hi Satish,

You can obtain Sales Tax Practioner certificate after  which you can practice as an STP. For this you have to apply with the Commissioner of the Sales Tax Deptt of your state. Pl. check with the sales tax/vat deptt of your state for details and application procedure.

regards,

AKG

Dhimant Shah
Accountant

[ Scorecard : 121]
Posted On 04 December 2009 at 20:13

how to become ITP/STP certificate holder

subramanya
Professional

[ Scorecard : 847]
Posted On 08 December 2009 at 10:59

Originally posted by :satish
" Hi , friend i m working in accounts field in 8-10 yrs , i m thinking to start tax consultancy and for that i want to be sales tax practitioner , kindly help me , what is proeccdure and formlaties and which exam to be pass  with address and detail "

Hi Satish,

Please refer the provisions related to become a Sales Tax Practioner as per Karnataka VAT Rules.

With regards,

Subramanya

Attached File : 55 howtobecomestp.doc downloaded 932 times

Shalaka Solase
Practicing CA

[ Scorecard : 41]
Posted On 17 February 2010 at 18:30

74. Qualifications of a sales tax practitioner.-

(1) A sales tax practitioner shall be eligible for having his name entered in the list of sales tax practitioners maintained under section 82, if -

(a)    he has passed an accountancy examination, recognised by the Central Board of Revenue constituted under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963 (54 of 1963), for the purpose of clause (v) of sub-section (2) of section 288 of the Income Tax Act, 1961(43 of 1961), under rule 50 of the Income Tax Rules, 1962, or

(In the above rule 74 of the principal rules, in sub-rule (1), in clause (a), for the word "or", the words and figures "under rule 50 of the Income Tax Rules, 1962, or" are substituted by Notification No. STR-1506/CR-38/Taxation-1 Dt.08.09.2006)

(b)    he has acquired such educational qualifications as are prescribed by the Central Board of Revenue constituted under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963 (54 of 1963), for the purpose of clause (vi) of sub-section (2) of section 288 of the Income Tax Act, 1961(43 of 1961), under rule 51 of the Income Tax Rules, 1962, or

(c)    he is a graduate of any recognised university and has acquired a post graduate diploma in taxation from any such university.

(2) A sales tax practitioner shall also be eligible for having his name entered in the said list, if -

(a)    he has retired from the Sales Tax Department of the Government of Maharashtra  as an officer not below the rank of a Sales Tax Officer after having held that post for not less than two years;

(b)    he is in the opinion of the Commissioner a fit and proper person to attend before any authority as a sales tax practitioner:

Provided that, during a period of two years from the date of his retirement from the Sales Tax Department, such sales tax practitioner shall not be qualified to practice before any sales tax authority other than the Maharashtra Sales Tax Tribunal.

(3)  A person who is eligible as laid down in sub-rule (1) or (2) to appear in a proceeding under the Act before an authority appointed or constituted under section 10 or 11 shall make an application in Form 706 to the Commissioner to enroll his name as sales tax practitioner. The Commissioner shall maintain a list in Form 707 of all the sales tax practitioners who possess the qualifications laid down in sub-rule (1) or (2) or who are entitled to attend in a proceeding before an authority appointed or constituted under section 10 or 11 by virtue of clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 82, and shall from time to time, bring the list upto date.

nagaraja
Accountant

[ Scorecard : 33]
Posted On 20 August 2010 at 16:25

Thanks for the valuable information, friends.

BHAI(SAI) DUPARE
ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 431]
Posted On 18 September 2011 at 23:53

is there b.com qualification r sufficinet for enrollment

D. Premkumar
Accounts Officer

[ Scorecard : 39]
Posted On 15 December 2011 at 17:35

Hi, i am a b.com graduate and icwa inter completed with 6 years exp. in accounts and taxation field.

I would like to practice as sales tax pracitioner, hence kindly let me know the procedures and formalities for practicing as sales tax practitioner. whether i have to register anywhere else or i have to write any exam. pls anybody guide me in this regards.

PRITESH
BARODA

[ Scorecard : 31]
Posted On 01 April 2012 at 12:28

Originally posted by : satish
Hi , friend i m working in accounts field in 8-10 yrs , i m thinking to start tax consultancy and for that i want to be sales tax practitioner , kindly help me , what is proeccdure and formlaties and which exam to be pass  with address and detail

Kaustubh
Accountant

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 09 June 2012 at 13:21

I have just appeared for MCOM - II examination and i want to practise as sales tax practioner can i do with BCOM and MCOm degree kindly reply 

There are 12 Replies to this message

Related Files