How Should I prepare for Campus Interview?

Ankit 21 CA,CS,B.Com (CA) (3949 Points)

24 March 2010  

How Should I prepare for Campus Interview?

Friends,

My-self is Ankit Bansal, cleared CA Final in June 2009 and recently appeared in ICAI Campus March 2010 from Mumbai canter.

Let me to share here my personal experience of ICAI campus which will help you to prepare for next campus.

We analyse here some interesting things about campus from different different point of view.

From Interviewer perspective:

Screening of job application and short listing of candidates

Each and every company have their own criteria of screening of application for example:

SBI shortlist the candidates who cleared CA (all exams) in First attempt in all exams.

TCS shortlist the candidates who cleared CA Final in second attempt

Few companies shortlist on the basis of candidate’s expected CTC or preferred location.

And obviously Package offer in Campus will based on no. of attempts taken in CA Final Exam in case of few companies only.

From Candidate perspective:

Step 1: Filling and filing the Campus portal online form

Following points should be considered during filling the campus form so that maximum no of companies will shortlist you.

1.    Read carefully and fill the fields with due care.

2.    Expected CTC should be filled very low so that maximum no. of companies will be shortlist you.

3.    Job location should be filling, at anywhere in India.

4.    Select Campus center after analysing the campus data of last four/ five year, which is available at CA CLUB INDIA just search it.

Step 2: How to prepare for interview and GD

Some companies recruit on the basis of direct personal interview and some will take GD and PI and some companies have 3 round having written test also.

The main thing is you have to speak well and in decent manner without fearing.

The interviews are based on the real test of your communication skills and presentation skills and your knowledge.

In Group Discussion (GD) they test your leadership skills, team work skills, initiative skills.

Start reading economics times, watching CNBC, suffering money control.com helps you to understand the latest issues in corporate world.

For more details you should download the HANDBOOK FOR NEWLY QUALIFIED CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS published/issued by ICAI.

Thanks,