Please Wait ..

to your account


Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Students > IPCC >

Grounds and procedure for articleship transfer

    Post New Topic
Pages : 1 2

Related Files

Company Secretary

[ Scorecard : 13782]
Posted On 10 October 2011 at 14:07 Report Abuse

Dear All,


Please check below the Grounds and Procedure for Articleship Transfer:


In a major flexibility for CA aspirants, ICAI has given articled clerks a choice to opt out of the existing arrangement with a principal during the first year of articleship.


Transfer/Termination of Articleship


[Regulation 56(1)]


In partial modification of the announcement dated 30th June 2009 regarding transfer / termination of articles the Council in its recent meeting has decided that the transfer/termination of articleship in terms of Regulation 56(1) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 shall be permissible on the grounds as stated below:


I. Transfer /termination of articles is permitted without any restriction during the first year of articles.



II. During rest of the articleship period on satisfying any one or more of the conditions as stated below: -


1. Medical grounds requiring discontinuance of articles for a minimum period of three months (on production of a Medical Certificate issued by a Government Hospital).

2. Transfer of parent(s) to another city.


3. Misconduct involving moral turpitude.


4. Other justifiable circumstances / reasons: -


(ii) Grounds already permissible in the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 (on submission of requisite proof of the act warranting transfer/terminatio n of articleship) : -

a. Industrial Training (Regulation 51)

b. Secondment of articles (Regulation 54)

c. Conversion from PCC to IPCC (for termination of articles only. Re-registration of articles to be allowed only after passing Group-I of IPCC)

d. Death of Principal [Regulation 57(1)(c)]

e. Ceasing of practice by the Principal [Regulation 57(1)(a)]

f. Removal of name of the Principal from the Register of Member due to any reason [Regulation 57(1)(b)]

(iii) Marriage basis (only if there is relocation to another city involving distance of 50 kms).

(iv) Irregular payment or non-payment of stipend with reference to Regulation 67.

(v) Articled assistant desires to serve balance period of training outside India.

(vi) Shifting by the Principal to another city involving distance more than 50 kms.


The articled assistants are required to get the consent of the Institute before getting Form 109 signed by the Principal in their own interest.

The request, on any one or more of the aforesaid grounds, of an articled assistant on a plain paper along with the recommendation / consent of the Principal for transfer / termination of articleship accompanied by evidence / proof (self-attested by the articled assistant) to the satisfaction of the Institute be made. Request for transfer not accompanied by consent of Principal shall not be accepted.

In case of dispute between principal and articled assistant, the matter be settled amicably among the articled assistant and the principal concerned and the Institute shall not interfere in such cases.




Total thanks : 9 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Share on

CA Final

[ Scorecard : 3286]
Posted On 10 October 2011 at 15:15

Very Useful information.........

Thanks a lot sir.....

Rahul Soni

[ Scorecard : 291]
Posted On 29 October 2011 at 12:36

no approval required for 1st year of article

CA Final

[ Scorecard : 3286]
Posted On 09 November 2011 at 12:47

Sir, is prior approval is required from institute within first year of articleship?????????????


Parimi Sai Vijaya Krishna

[ Scorecard : 40]
Posted On 22 June 2012 at 12:06

Respected Sir,

Whether Submission of form 109 is alone sufficient or should we even need to submit forms 102,103 under new principal?


[ Scorecard : 24]
Posted On 08 September 2012 at 15:15


Plese tell me what is the procedure to transwar of articlesship in First year, is thare any preor consent

is required from present employer (CA).

Patel dimple Amrutbhai

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 05 December 2012 at 12:46

which form we have to summite for transfer of articalship during 1st year of articalshaip.

Patel dimple Amrutbhai

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 05 December 2012 at 12:49

which document we required to summit while taking transfer.


[ Scorecard : 33]
Posted On 24 July 2013 at 11:22

Thanks Sir,

useful information.

There are 17 Replies to this message

Related Threads

Post your reply for Grounds and procedure for articleship transfer

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login

Not a member yet ?? Click here to signup



  • Use thank button to convey your appreciation.
  • Maintain professionalism while posting and replying to topics.
  • Try to add value with your each post.

Forum Home | Forum Portal | Member Control Center | Who is Where | Popular Threads | Today's Topic | Recent Posts | Today's Posts | Post New Topic | Thread With Files | Top Threads This Month | Forum Stats | Unreplied Threads

back to the top