Great ICAI, Great karnaama

Abhishek (Student Final) (292 Points)

18 May 2010  

I received a letter from ICAI regarding cancellation of Costing Exam of PCC and IPCC (Hindi Medium).

They send it through Speed Post from Delhi for which they spent Rs. 25/-. If there are 1,00,000 candidates then the amount will be Rs. 25,00,000/-. Do you think that was there any need of sending these envelops, Because everyone know that our exam cancelled, as notification and announcement made in the exam hall on last day. Now expenses on Reorganising the exam will be near about 50 lakhs to 1 Crore at least. This cost is only on the part of ICAI. Every candidate have to bear some cost for coming at the Exam Center. Which will be on an average for every candidate near about Rs. 25/- means Rs. 25,00,000/- for 1,00,000 candidates.

On the one hand they are increasing the fees and on another side they are making unnecessary expenses. Instead of making these unnecessary expenses they should reduce fees or give scholarship or Construct a Branch in any city where needed.

(1) First of all there was no need for sending the letter.

(2) If they feel that it is necessary then they should send through speed mail via local branches so that they have to bear just Rs. 12/- per candidate.

(3) They sent my Mark-Sheet through Normal Post of Rs. 5/-. It was thrown out of my house. Every one that Mark Sheet is a important document, so it should be sent through Speed Post or Registered mail, but we know Greatness of ICAI.

(4) They bought land in bikaner for branch one year ago. Uttam Prakash Agarwal (UPA) came there for Bhumi Pujan and promised for a very good, Modern, Hi tech branch and was ready to increase the fund allotted, but after Bhumi Pujan there is no progress. The project gone in dispute. Why, you know ?

In recent election the opponent raise this issue that the land was bought on higher than market price. Do you think that they should stop the project. Now they are making cause of lack of fund ? This politics is really very harmful both for student and Good members. Do you think that there is any lack of fund in the hand of ICAI. There Chairman, President and a whole Team making Air Travel, Foreign Tour etc. They make celebration every day at jaipur branch.

Gives a kachori to the candidates in Orientation Program and GMCS at jaipur branch (Which is the biggest one). And you know there was a full course meal in Bikaner where there is no branch of ICAI. Fund allotted to branches goes into the tummy of Presidents, Chairmen, Branch Administration and for their own celebration.

I think we should make a PIL against ICAI in Supreme Court, because they refuses to give the information under the Right to Information Act (RTI) also.