Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > TDS >

Form 26-AS Update

Pages : 1 2

Knowledge Seeker

[ Scorecard : 295]
Posted On 14 May 2011 at 08:59 Report Abuse

1) ICICI Bank deducted TDS on 15/3/2011 on ICICI Bank Regular Income Bonds for A.Y. 2011-12.They have issued the corresponding Form 16-A but till date have not updated Form 26-AS.PAN reflecting on Form 16-A is correct.Is there any time-limit before which they are required to update Form 26-AS?

2) I checked in "incometaxindia.gov.in" for the credit of TDS in Form 26-AS but was surprised to note that the site does not reflect the same for A.Y. 2011-12.Is it because they are aware that many companies would not have updated the data for A.Y. 2011-12? Any idea as to when the site will reflect the data for A.Y.2011-12?

3) It is mentioned on the site of Income Tax that ICICI Bank provides the facility of viewing Form 26-AS for its internet banking customers. I searched ICICI Bank site but could not find any such link. Can anyone help me on this? Please let me know exactly under which section in ICICI Bank site does the facility of Form 26-AS appear?

Online classes for CA CS CMA

CA ADITYA SHARMA
CA IN PRACTICE

[ Scorecard : 16661]
Posted On 14 May 2011 at 09:10

there may be a reason because bank may have not filled the tds return

CA ADITYA SHARMA
CA IN PRACTICE

[ Scorecard : 16661]
Posted On 14 May 2011 at 09:12

you can wait for some more days

U S Sharma
glidor@gmail.com

[ Scorecard : 19398]
Posted On 14 May 2011 at 09:17

march TDS returns are still filing on, so wait sometime, also write to their customer care for such irregularaties found by you.

suman
Auditor

[ Scorecard : 383]
Posted On 14 May 2011 at 11:21

Last date for filling tds return of Q4 is May 15. So after that 26 As will show updated data. But you dont worry even if  26 As does not show any data and you have the Physical 16-A certificate it will prevail over 26 As .

Balaji
Knowledge Seeker

[ Scorecard : 295]
Posted On 14 May 2011 at 13:06

Thanks,Suman,but I understand that from A.Y.2011-12 credit for TDS will not be effected by the Department unless the same reflects in Form 26-AS.Especially in case of e-filing since the matching is done by Computers with minimal manual intervention,mere possession of Form 16-A without the corresponding entry in Form 26-AS may not be of much solace.Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks everyone for sparing time for me.

U S Sharma
glidor@gmail.com

[ Scorecard : 19398]
Posted On 14 May 2011 at 13:27

as 15th may is deadline for e filing of TDS of march 11, and icicibank has loads of work load to upload, so assumed that they will perform in last date and last minute rush, 

as the challan paid is displayed in your 16A, mere return submission is due, with relevenat details.

check on 16th may onwards, and we are hopeful that it will reflect under your 26AS, 

RAKESH JAIN
RETIRED COMPUTER PROFESSIONAL

[ Scorecard : 352]
Posted On 29 June 2011 at 13:49

Bank made mistake in reporting Interest paid to FDs & deducted TDS on it & deposited with Govt. I requested them to rectify the mistake. They told me that as they have already deposited the TDS to IT Department they can not do any thing about TDS deducted. I requested them to rectify at least Interest paid amount shown in 26AS & I will file IT Return to claim excess TDS deducted by them. With out correcting
 the Interest paid value, I can not claim the additional TDS. They agreed & told me 2 days back that they have filed the rectifying entries. I checked 26AS today but do not see any rectification. Normally, how much time it takes to show the rectification in 26AS?

CA. MANAL CHAWLA
CA + CS Professional

[ Scorecard : 540]
Posted On 29 June 2011 at 14:33

Actually 26AS Bank ko update nahi karna hota. ye to NSDL ki internal service hai. Bank will be file his TDS Return only and his last date for last quarter was 15 May 2011. ab ho sakta hai ya to bank ne apni tds return abhi tak file na kari ho aur ya fir aapka PAN no return me galat na dal gaya ho. So Please confirm about this your Bank. what is the reason for not showing of TDS in your 26AS till. 

RAKESH JAIN
RETIRED COMPUTER PROFESSIONAL

[ Scorecard : 352]
Posted On 29 June 2011 at 20:52

Possbly I used wrong terminology & I should not use word "Updating 26AS". But, there is some procedure by which bank has entered some rectifying entries to rectify the mistake done by them in interest values in 26AS. As I mentioned that Interest values are already in 26AS but some of these are wrong. As I can see from 26AS these were entered on 26-3-2011 & 11-06-2011 & bank is trying to rectify th mistakes. I checked just now & 26AS is still showing old values & revised values do not appear so far. So, I wantedto know,  how much time it takes to show these revised/rectified values in 26AS & what action should be taken by me if the revised enteries do not show even after the period which it should take to show the revised/rectified entries? There in no mistake in PAN number as I see 26AS using my PAN number only. I will talk to the bank about it but if somebody can tell me the period after which the revision entries are expected in 26AS, it will help. Thanking you all, RAKESH

There are 19 Replies to this message

Related Files