close x

Form 23B not filed in time

Chartered Accountant

What are the consequences if Form 23B (Intimation to ROC regarding acceptance of statutory audit) is not filed within 30 days.

Suppose, if auditor has failed to file form 23B with ROC, what are the consequences?

The query is pertaining to appointment of statutory auditors of Private Limited Company

HELLOW PAVAN JI,

FOR NON FILLING OR ON DELAYED FILLING OF FORM 23B, NO PENAL PROVISIONS R SPECIFIED ANYWHERE.... AS PER MY KNOWLEDGE.........

BUT U HAV TO FILE THIS FORM (MANDATORILY) IF U WANT TO FILE ANNUAL RETURN OF COMPANY.

THANX (PLS CORRECT ME IF WRONG)

the auditor is punishable with a fine which may extend to Rs.10,000

u/s 233,of the companies act , 1956

Vice President (Corporate)

Sec.233 is not applicable in this case.  It is applicable for non-compliance of Sec.227 and 229.

Sir, what if we use Z99999999 in form 23AC and continue with the annual return without actually filing form 23B ?

CS CWA MBA (Fin) B.Com LL.B (Spl)

The Company can file the accounts using Z99999999. But the auditor has to file Form No. 23B. To the best of my knowledge, there is no penalty in case the form is filed late.

what can i do if  I have wrongly attched intimation letter for 23b .Plz reply 

Chartered Accountant

Can anyone describe that what will be the penaly for  the following in form 23 B ( in private limited company )

1. penalty for not filing 23 B

2. Filling fees of Form 23 B

3. Delay in filing of 23 B

Company Secretary

Ministry of Corporate Affairs vide circular number 14/2012 dated 21.06.2012 had imposed fees on Form 23B (Information by auditor to Registrar) w.e.f. 22/07/2012.

Kindly note that the last date for filing the Form 23B without fee has been extended for two weeks. Fee shall be charged on any eForm 23B filed on or after 5th August, 2012. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :