close x

Forgot e filing password

chartered accountant

I have forgot password of efiling of income tax return, in order to reset the password  i use acknowledgement no of last years return but there is no option on efiling site to reset password using previous year retuns acknowledement no. please help freinds to how to reset password

Is this the first year of e-filing or have you filed returns in the earlier years electronically?

If this is the first year, then that option shall not be available.

If this is not the first year, then that option should be there.

In case there is still any problem, contact Aaykar Sampark Kendra on phone / email.

Total thanks : 1 times

-You can crack the password by Going to 'Forget Password' option and answer the secret question which you have updated while creating your acoc*nt.

-If you don't remember the answer, then  send a mail to validate @ incometaxindia.gov.in alongwith the following details : PAN, First Name, Middle Name , Last Name, Date of Birth/Date of Incorporation, Father’s First Name, Father’s Middle Name, Father’s Last Name, Address as per PAN database, Mobile No., Registered email id.

"Reply will be sent after 24 hours" 

If this is the first time that you are filing return, then simply go to 'Forgot Password' and you can edit the questions and data in that page.

-THis is a loophole in the site's functionality.

Total thanks : 1 times

Originally posted by : PratapRegit

If this is the first time that you are filing return, then simply go to 'Forgot Password' and you can edit the questions and data in that page.

-THis is a loophole in the site's functionality.

This is not the loophole in site functionality. This is the convenience for assessees to reset password successfully without any inconvenience or any hurdle.

Originally posted by : Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)

Originally posted by : PratapRegit

If this is the first time that you are filing return, then simply go to 'Forgot Password' and you can edit the questions and data in that page. -THis is a loophole in the site's functionality.

This is not the loophole in site functionality. This is the convenience for assessees to reset password successfully without any inconvenience or any hurdle.

This is for assessee's convenience? How is that? If i simply know the PAN, then i can create account for that particular person.

executive production

I have forgot password of efiling of income tax return, in order to reset the password  i use acknowledgement no of last years return but there is no option on efiling site to reset password using previous year retuns acknowledement no. please help freinds to how to reset password

My Detail : Pan No:AMYPP7525P

Last Year Acknowledgement No : 221865890140611 (14.06.2011)

My e-mail :samirpatel_78 @ yahoo.co.in

Name : Samir Ambubhai Patel

Phone No:9979543348

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :