Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax >

Forgot e filing password

Pages : 1

chartered accountant

[ Scorecard : 27]
Posted On 04 May 2012 at 11:05 Report Abuse

I have forgot password of efiling of income tax return, in order to reset the password  i use acknowledgement no of last years return but there is no option on efiling site to reset password using previous year retuns acknowledement no. please help freinds to how to reset password

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)
Practicing CA

[ Scorecard : 7533]
Posted On 04 May 2012 at 11:12

Is this the first year of e-filing or have you filed returns in the earlier years electronically?

If this is the first year, then that option shall not be available.

If this is not the first year, then that option should be there.

In case there is still any problem, contact Aaykar Sampark Kendra on phone / email.

Total thanks : 1 times

Regit
CA.Final

[ Scorecard : 231]
Posted On 04 May 2012 at 11:15

-You can crack the password by Going to 'Forget Password' option and answer the secret question which you have updated while creating your acoc*nt.

-If you don't remember the answer, then  send a mail to validate @ incometaxindia.gov.in alongwith the following details : PAN, First Name, Middle Name , Last Name, Date of Birth/Date of Incorporation, Father’s First Name, Father’s Middle Name, Father’s Last Name, Address as per PAN database, Mobile No., Registered email id.

"Reply will be sent after 24 hours" 

Regit
CA.Final

Posted On 04 May 2012 at 11:19

If this is the first time that you are filing return, then simply go to 'Forgot Password' and you can edit the questions and data in that page.

-THis is a loophole in the site's functionality.

Total thanks : 1 times

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)
Practicing CA

[ Scorecard : 7533]
Posted On 07 May 2012 at 12:28

Originally posted by : PratapRegit

If this is the first time that you are filing return, then simply go to 'Forgot Password' and you can edit the questions and data in that page.

-THis is a loophole in the site's functionality.

This is not the loophole in site functionality. This is the convenience for assessees to reset password successfully without any inconvenience or any hurdle.

Regit
CA.Final

Posted On 08 May 2012 at 09:46

Originally posted by : Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)

Originally posted by : PratapRegit

If this is the first time that you are filing return, then simply go to 'Forgot Password' and you can edit the questions and data in that page. -THis is a loophole in the site's functionality.

This is not the loophole in site functionality. This is the convenience for assessees to reset password successfully without any inconvenience or any hurdle.

This is for assessee's convenience? How is that? If i simply know the PAN, then i can create account for that particular person.

samirambubhaipatel
executive production

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 26 July 2012 at 20:30

I have forgot password of efiling of income tax return, in order to reset the password  i use acknowledgement no of last years return but there is no option on efiling site to reset password using previous year retuns acknowledement no. please help freinds to how to reset password

My Detail : Pan No:AMYPP7525P

Last Year Acknowledgement No : 221865890140611 (14.06.2011)

My e-mail :samirpatel_78 @ yahoo.co.in

Name : Samir Ambubhai Patel

Phone No:9979543348

There are 6 Replies to this message

Related Files