Foreign salary income - tds query

Hi 

 

We have an employee who just joined from US. He is a ROR for this FY. He has an income of 40,000 USD until the date when he joined us and has 8000 USD tax deducted on it. 

I have the following queries:

1. As his Indian employer, should I deduct TDS on his total income (Foreign + Indian) or only Indian?

2. If I consider global income, should I give him the benefit of foreign tax as per DTAA or should I deduct total tax and make him claim relief in his ITR? This can lead to heavy tax burden on him.

3. Can he claim US state tax under section 91? 

 

Thanks for your response. I can't find answer to Q2 anywhere. 

Replies (1)
Hii aashish Sorry ,now I hv no ans for yr que. But I need your advice and some guidance Actually I had seen your one post and u said that u r working ad TP executive..... And I m very much interested in transfer pricing and I wanna to make career in this field & what's yr view in this field in future. I hv no prior experience in this field since I belong to small city. I hv cleared ca final 2nd gp and waiting for result of 1st gp. Plzz reply , thanks in advance

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details