Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > ITR >

Filing of revised return of income - An overview

Pages : 1

STUDENT Rajasthan

[ Scorecard : 2136]
Posted On 03 July 2011 at 16:51 Report Abuse

Filing of revised return of income – An overview

After furnishing the return, if an assessee discovers any omission or any wrong statement in the return filed, he may file a revised return, subject to the condition that, the original return was filed within due date.  An individual is required to file his return of income by 31st July of the assessment year.

Return can be revised at any time before the expiry of one year from the completion of the said assessment year or before the completion of assessment, whichever is earlier. It is also possible to revise a revised return provided it is revised within the prescribed time.

If the assessee has not submitted his return of income within due date, he can still file the same, but the assessee shall be liable to pay interest & penalty in such cases. Such belated return can be filed before the expiry of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year or before the completion of assessment, whichever is earlier. A belated return can not be revised, even after filing the return, the assessee found some omission or mistakes in it.

Total thanks : 3 times

Online classes for CA CS CMA

M. N. JHA
CA-FINAL & M.COM

[ Scorecard : 8159]
Posted On 03 July 2011 at 17:09

Todays best post at cci. . . . . . . . . . . . Keep sharing. . . . . . . .

Total thanks : 1 times

CA ADITYA SHARMA
CA IN PRACTICE

[ Scorecard : 16661]
Posted On 03 July 2011 at 17:42

THIS IS REALLY A VERY USEFUL POST............KEEP SHARING

praveen
Chartered Accountant

[ Scorecard : 5548]
Posted On 03 July 2011 at 18:22

Originally posted by : Aditya(future ca)

M.com,CS,CAFinal Tushar Sampat
M.com CS,CA Final

[ Scorecard : 60298]
Posted On 03 July 2011 at 18:23

Originally posted by : praveen

Originally posted by : Aditya(future ca)

Anjaly.P.A
Article( CA Final)

[ Scorecard : 215]
Posted On 03 July 2011 at 20:53

Thank you & keep sharing.

Member (Account Deleted)
CA Final

[ Scorecard : 1343]
Posted On 04 July 2011 at 18:15

Good one.....keep sharing such useful post...

Ajay

[ Scorecard : 222]
Posted On 04 July 2011 at 20:22

GOOD ONE...such bits of informations will be helpful to all...thank u...

ishwardas
student

[ Scorecard : 27]
Posted On 26 July 2011 at 19:25

I filed IT Return on 26-07-2011 with efileing under section 11- u/s 139(1). On same day I revised efile return under section 16- u/s 139(5). Thereafter I came to know that the donation made by me to a NGO is admissible for deduction under section 80G. The said NGO have valid certificate about that. Now I want to know that ------

1) Can I file third time Income tax return by efiling to clam deduction under 80G. OR

2) Can I file third time Income tax return manually to claim deduction under 80G.

3) If answer of 1 or 2 is yes then what should be done about ITR-V of first and second efilied on 26-07-2011.

4) If I sent ITR-V to CPC Banglore can thereafter also can I file revised return manually/ efiling claiming deduction under section 80G.

sourabh kumar
senior accountant

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 01 August 2012 at 23:26

while filing the return for the assesment year of 11-12 I gave the adress of pune,since I was employed there.I switched of the company in pune and currently working at another company in the state of Bihar.I have e-file the return for the assesment year 12-13, but by mistake have mentioned the adress of pune. Can I file Revised return to rectify the mistake done. If i do not rectify my mistake,will there be any problem to claim my TDS refund....please suggest me what shall I do?

There are 9 Replies to this message

Related Files