advertise

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > Tax queries >

Fair Value of Property on 01.04.1981

Pages : 1

Sr. Auditor

[ Scorecard : 44]
Posted On 07 January 2011 at 12:22 Report Abuse

One of My client, had property in the Area of Shil, Mumbra, Dist. Thane. The property was inheridate property. He owned the property prior to 01.04.1981. He sold th property in the year 2009-10. for the Purpose of Indexation I Want to Know the market value of Property in the said. How i can get it. Please help me.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Management

[ Scorecard : 298]
Posted On 07 January 2011 at 18:35

Get the value from the Sub Registrar's Office.  They have what is called guideline value for all the properties for all years.  But then, getting such information is next to impossible, unless you know somebody.  Guideline value can be taken as the market value and this is what is usually done by the Assessing Officers.

yogeshwar malhotra
partner

[ Scorecard : 103]
Posted On 11 January 2011 at 11:09

you can also contact some approved valuer of income tax and get his valuation from him also

There are 2 Replies to this message

Related Files