Experience with ICWA

abc (student) (28 Points)

01 December 2015  

I had a very weird and I would say unusual experience with ICWA institute while trying to appear for their inter exam. I had already passed ca and cs inter and was keen on giving ICWA  inter this time. Investing six months of my time for this course and just 15 days before paper I get a message that there was an IT training to be done else I am not eligible for both groups. Fine. One group. Okay.

But then there is a new surprise in store when we ourselves just went to the institute for it training details to do after giving one group. That we get to know that the exemption claimed by us is not valid. Actually they give exemption to students passed ICSI paper executive and final for their inter and final papers. And the reason was this exemption even if for inter exam can be claimed only after qualifying as cs and not after passing executive level. Weird as there was no clarification before. Okay let's just assume they are correct but is it not their responsibility to communicate it to the students well before. Forget about before, they didn't even communicate. And had I not gone to their institute for it details. I would have never got to know that I am not given exemption. I would have appeared for just the remaining papers and all in vain. Is it not a highly unprofessional behaviour on part of a professional course structure.

Wasted my time as I could have planned something else and not communicating anything. Just writing on the admit card- those availing exemption can avail it and if they appear for that paper the exemption is cancelled. I mean atleast communicate is exemption given or not and have some provision in form for it training details. Even if the mistake is on my part of interpretation but they hold a responsibility of COMMUNICATING well before.