Easy Office
LCI Learning

EXISTING CA's QUIT !

Robin (AUDITOR) (854 Points)

12 October 2009  

Time for existing CA's to quit the profession and make way for new aspirants

We all CA students have seen your SATYAM SCAM, and now great RCOM will soon come into picture.

Where is PEER REVIEW BOARD ? Slept OFF ? What Action taken on satyam auditors  [may be only on paper] ?

ICAI as usual charges CA students only. No immediate and proper action on qualified CA's is this the law in our country ?

ARISE AWAKE STOP NOT TILL YOU FIND FRAUDULENT FCA AND ACA's

BREAKING NEWS HAVE A LOOK AT IT CA STUDENTS

RCom may have inflated revenues, evaded licence fee

A government appointed auditor is understood to have found inflation of revenues by Rs 2,915 crore (Rs 29.15 billion) by Anil Ambani group firm Reliance Communications in 2007-08, besides evasion of Rs 315 crore in licence fee --findings termed as 'biased' by the company.

"RCom is in full compliance of licence terms and conditions," a company spokesperson said, adding, "auditors' alleged comments are biased and appear instigated by corporate rivals. . . Premature leakage of confidential report to media reflects the Special Auditors' prejudice/bias."

"All revenues for FY'07 and '08 are correctly reported in RCom's audited account. Alleged comments of special auditor do not reflect any under-reporting of revenue... licence fees."

The special audit committee report that has been submitted to the DoT found that for FY'08 actual wireless revenue earned by the company was only Rs 12,298 crore (Rs 122.98 billion) as against Rs 15,213 crore (Rs 152.13 billion) reported to the shareholders, which is an over reporting of Rs 2,915 crore (Rs 29.15 billion).

It also found that RCom evaded licence fee and spectrum fee to the tune of Rs 315 crore (Rs 3.15 billion).

DoT is awaiting the report of four other companies namely Tata Teleservices , Bharti Airtel , Vodafone and Idea from the respective auditors appointed by it and the government, if warranted, will take necessary action after examining the reports.

Sources, quoting the report, said that the telecom firm may have also violated TRAI and DoT rules.

Alleging overstatement and fudging of revenues, the auditors have said that the company accounted twice, a revenue of Rs 617 crore (Rs 6.17 billion) in two different accounting years.

Elsewhere, Rs 379 crore (Rs 3.79 billion) allegedly fudged by way of selling expired pre-paid cards to two companies namely Macronet Pvt Ltd and Inference Systems ltd, an ADAG company.

The report on RCom would now be examined by a four-member committee of department of telecommunication, headed by member (finance), sources said.

The special audit was initiated to check if revenues by the company were diverted to segments which attracted lower licence fee.

In case of wrongdoings detected during the audit, sources said the operators could be subjected to penalties under the provisions of licences.

Source: PTI

Date: 12-10-2009

17 Replies

PRAVEEN KUMAR (MBA (Finance) B.Com.(P))   (3443 Points)
Replied 12 October 2009

Dear sudeep,

you seemed to be very annoyed, pls be calm,

Bhai, Dunia mein ek aadmi kharaab hai to Sab log Kharaab to nahin ho jaate yaar. please calm down.

I know you r young brigade and want to do well, gud for ur country, but this is not the way to react, i once again request you to please calm down and not to make commnet on your elder ones.

Thanks

Praveen

Max Payne (employed) (2569 Points)
Replied 12 October 2009

Hee hee.. been a long time since i heard this,

but here goes,

Ambani ka sirf ek hi sapna,

Ho jaye sabki paisa apna!

But i have something very upsetting to point. Scams go on for years, no one notices; when finally something comes to light, the directors would have off loaded their shares and made money, and they have the cheek to say they had a nominal remuneration of Re.1/-. (What did you buy chewing gum/Rin/make a phone call?) Company secretaries are more responsible for scams than the statutory auditors in my opinion, because only the former knows whats actually happening.

Replied 13 October 2009

Mr.praveenkumar

When first student qualified he was not having any senior !!!!!!!?

ICAI has to restrict practicing of a CA who attains age of 50yrs

so that everyone will get chance and budaape mein kitnaa kaam karegaa ! aur article ko rahat bhi milegi bude se tikk hai naa ?

PRAVEEN KUMAR (MBA (Finance) B.Com.(P))   (3443 Points)
Replied 13 October 2009

Dear Sudeep,

You may be right that sometime a CA must be retire, but this is not the way to ask any one to get retire. not a proper Civilian Language.

They are elder atleast in the age, so respect them respect your seniors. all should i say.

No body is perfect in this world.

Replied 13 October 2009

am not telling to get retire..who will listen me by the way ?

ICAI has to come up with such notification..

ok ok i should say - budaape mein kitna kaam KARENGE !

krishna kumar (CA Final) (407 Points)
Replied 13 October 2009

Originally posted by :sudeep
" Mr.praveenkumar
When first student qualified he was not having any senior !!!!!!!?
ICAI has to restrict practicing of a CA who attains age of 50yrs
so that everyone will get chance and budaape mein kitnaa kaam karegaa ! aur article ko rahat bhi milegi bude se tikk hai naa ?
"

Dear Sudeep,

I know friends who have qualified CA only at the age of 30-40 years. it is un reasonable to issue notification to retire compulsority at the age of 50.

Suppose they have qualified at the age of 35,  it will take some time before they establish themself.  and asking them to retire at the age of 50 is rediculus.

krishna 

CA Durga Prasad Sigatapu (CA CS executive programme student)   (151 Points)
Replied 13 October 2009

Originally posted by :sudeep
" am not telling to get retire..who will listen me by the way ?
ICAI has to come up with such notification..
ok ok i should say - budaape mein kitna kaam KARENGE !
"

Dear Sundeep,

Why all the people blame pure chartered accoutant, do u know what are the circumstances behind it. no body knows that. if you are attains age of 50 then you will come to know if you some one ask you retire. all these days they will struggle like anything to establish and create. if you are chartered accountant respect CA. Then people will respect you.

CA LOVELY ARORA (C.A. B.Com (H) Graduate)   (2151 Points)
Replied 13 October 2009

what are you talking sudeep..... do you call yourself CA student....... they don't talk like that!

If you don't want to do CA, then leave it but don't say likethat.  Please..........

Sai Krishna (Employment) (63 Points)
Replied 13 October 2009

Sai Krishna (Employment) (63 Points)
Replied 13 October 2009

Here is the Link------------------> https://www.icai.org/news.html?news=3094

Hope Mr. Sudeep reads the last Question and Our President's Answer to it.......Hope it makes him understand.....

Replied 13 October 2009

Actually my concern was to highlight RCOM issue. somehow deviated to CA.s retirement better not to discuss on it..well Rama Krishna i read the link but do u know the answer of our beloved president to first querry ? compare with RCOM issue !!! and, third querry answer also compare with RCOM !! [we will wait for couple of days again]

IF CA's HAVE RETIREMENT SCHEME's DEFINATELY OUR PRESENT YOUNGSTERS WILL QUALIFY AT THE AGE OF 20-25

THE GREAT WORRY IS EX-CA's DOES NOT HAVE THAT MUCH TALENT TO UNDERSTAND PRESENT WORLD OF BUSINESS. .

CA Trinath Galla (student) (3130 Points)
Replied 13 October 2009

first we will be honest, and then we should think all of these.as students,we surely know that we are not  too knowledged persons to argue on such matters

Siddharth (c,a student) (119 Points)
Replied 13 October 2009

@ Sudeep ur issue about the rcom is right but the way u r presenting it very ......bad , worst & cheap what i can say to u.......................also u talk about the talent of EX C.A  .....i didn't know about the talent they having or not but they know hw 2 talk & present their their views in a social website .........which u don't have the basic manner in u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one more thing a single exiting C.A .person quit CA after reading ur post But i didn't know about ??????????????????????????????

stop this nonsense better 4 u !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replied 14 October 2009

Lage Raho Munnabhai ! even after the age of 65 !!

Siddharth ? I agree with your point of their presentation in social websites.

Waste talking to waste students !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro