close x

Exemption of Medical Expenses Reimbursement.

Article Assitant & CA Final Student

X, a Govt. employee received Rs. 3.5 lakh during FY 2007-08 against the Medical Expenses borne by him for some critical disorder during the FY 2001-03.

What will be the Tax Treatment of the Reimbursement received during the Previous Year and how much exemption can he claim?

Finance Executive

Dear,

Read section-17 of Income Tax Act, 1961.

regards,

hi ! Reimbursement of Medical Expenses will be exempt to the extent of Rs. 15,000/- u/s 17(2) of the I.Tax Act and the rest would be taxable in the hands of employee. Vinod

(Guest)

Sirs,

Background Upon attaining 55 years of age and completing 20 years of central government service, I opted out on voluntary retirement (but not under VRS).  Retiremeent benefits having been settled, I receive Rs. 100/= per month  medical allowance. 

Question : Am I eligible for exemption for tax purposes under Section 17 (2) of Income Tax Act, if i have bracketed  with taxable income.  

Regards,

Articled Assistant

If the treatment has been done in a govt hospital, and the amount is reimbursed, then the whole amount is Exempt u/s 17(2).

Accounts dept

Medical  expenses can re-imburse? U/s  80DDB - mentioned specified  dieses ?

Article Assisstant

Is it Salary to the Director for the Company, If co. reimburse more than 40000 to Director of Co.as medical Exp.? 

Assistant to Accountant

Sir,

I am working in a carporate sector, and  here is Medical reimburs facility is being provide by employer for  maximum Rs. 30,000/- P.A but  I don't claim any reimburshment during one or two year, can this balance amount be carry forwerd to next year?

Indrajeet

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :