Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > Tax queries >

Exemption of Medical Expenses Reimbursement.

Pages : 1

Article Assitant & CA Final Student

[ Scorecard : 1148]
Posted On 07 June 2008 at 21:44 Report Abuse

X, a Govt. employee received Rs. 3.5 lakh during FY 2007-08 against the Medical Expenses borne by him for some critical disorder during the FY 2001-03.

What will be the Tax Treatment of the Reimbursement received during the Previous Year and how much exemption can he claim?

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Surinder
Finance Executive

[ Scorecard : 78]
Posted On 09 June 2008 at 12:37

Dear,

Read section-17 of Income Tax Act, 1961.

regards,

Vinod Kashyap
XBRL Training

[ Scorecard : 451]
Posted On 09 June 2008 at 15:48

hi ! Reimbursement of Medical Expenses will be exempt to the extent of Rs. 15,000/- u/s 17(2) of the I.Tax Act and the rest would be taxable in the hands of employee. Vinod

(Guest)
Posted On 19 June 2008 at 23:08

Sirs,

Background Upon attaining 55 years of age and completing 20 years of central government service, I opted out on voluntary retirement (but not under VRS).  Retiremeent benefits having been settled, I receive Rs. 100/= per month  medical allowance. 

Question : Am I eligible for exemption for tax purposes under Section 17 (2) of Income Tax Act, if i have bracketed  with taxable income.  

Regards,

Rushabh Vyas
Articled Assistant

[ Scorecard : 33]
Posted On 27 May 2009 at 19:50

If the treatment has been done in a govt hospital, and the amount is reimbursed, then the whole amount is Exempt u/s 17(2).

hamsa
Accounts dept

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 20 January 2010 at 14:59

Medical  expenses can re-imburse? U/s  80DDB - mentioned specified  dieses ?

Ajay Samariya
Article Assisstant

Posted On 15 February 2012 at 17:09

Is it Salary to the Director for the Company, If co. reimburse more than 40000 to Director of Co.as medical Exp.? 

Indrajeet
Assistant to Accountant

Posted On 18 June 2012 at 16:33

Sir,

I am working in a carporate sector, and  here is Medical reimburs facility is being provide by employer for  maximum Rs. 30,000/- P.A but  I don't claim any reimburshment during one or two year, can this balance amount be carry forwerd to next year?

Indrajeet

There are 7 Replies to this message

Related Files