Exam preparation-3

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44668 Points)

04 September 2009  

I find it difficult to concentrate on my work

USUALLY: Concentration depends on mind and body.  If your body feels good, your mind can work at its optimum level.  So remember the three things the body needs: exercise, food, and rest.  Twenty minutes of continuous exercise three times a week at least is desirable.  Unless you have any particular health problems, a diet high in grains, fruit and vegetables, sparing with meat and dairy foods, and low in sugar and fats will be best for you. Remember too, that coffee can help keep you awake, but it can also keep you from getting the sleep that you need. How much sleep you need depends on your own constitution.  Resist the temptation to either have too much or too little.  Another suggestion is to think of your goals.  Your long term goals might include doing well in the subject, finishing your course, becoming an electrical engineer.  If you have a goal in mind it is often easier to concentrate on the task in hand.  Alternatively, you can think about short term goals (e.g. "If I finish writing up this prac tonight by 9.30, I can watch my favourite TV program.").  If you always find it difficult to concentrate on your work, you need to consider if you are in fact doing the course that is right for you.

SOMETIMES: If concentration problems only happen sometimes, this is perfectly natural.  Make sure you are taking short breaks.  If talking and pooling knowledge comes easily to you, maybe you are better off studying part of the time in a group.