Exam form - tentative date of articleship completion

Abhishek (Student) (26 Points)

19 August 2014  

My articleship started on 21st August, 2011 and I complete 3 years as on 20th August, 2014.

I cleared Group 2 of CA Final in May, 2014 attempt. However, I did not give Group 1 in that attempt.

At the time of exam form filling for May, 2014 attempt my articleship (including excess leave) was getting over on 31st October, 2014 (20th August, 2014 + apprx 70 days extension) and hence I selected the option of "Serving last 6 months of articleship (including excess leave) as on 01st May, 2014 option in the exam form for May, 2014 i.e., articleship will be over by 31st October, 2014 was declared by me.

Now, however as I did not give Group 1, I will require leave from articleship for 45 days, due to which the completion date of my articles will cross 31st October, 2014 ! Will this create a problem now?

I am confused as to which option to select in the exam for now, Option 1 - Serving last 6 months of articleship as on 01st November, 2014 OR

Option 2 - Completing/completed articleship on or before 31st October, 2014.

If I select Option 1 then it will contradict the declaration given by me in the May, 2014 attempt and I am highly confused regarding this. If I select Option 2 then it will not be true if I take leave now.

I do not want my May, 2014 attempt to get invalid/void as I have passed with great difficulty!

My firm is very strict with rules and will in no case make any sort of adjustments and everything has to be done by the book. Is missing the November, 2014 attempt the only solution? OR was the declaration given by me during the May, 2014 an estimate at that point of time and now it is okay that it has gotten revised due to more leave in my extension period?