Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > TDS >

etds-return 15G/15H

Pages : 1 2

employee

[ Scorecard : 45]
Posted On 24 May 2009 at 23:51 Report Abuse

While filing e-tds return 26 Q - ( quaterly ) for a firm... having depositors to whom payment  has been made with no deduction of tax  ( u/s. 194 A )  as  15 G / 15 H were given by depositors .....do we need to fill up the details of these depositors (no deduction - 15G/H)  in the e-tds return 26 Q  ??

thank u

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Anuraag Sharma
Sr Executive Finance

[ Scorecard : 785]
Posted On 25 May 2009 at 00:18

yes you should

Sorabh Gupta
Manager ( Taxation )

[ Scorecard : 872]
Posted On 25 May 2009 at 13:59

Mr Rohan

In form 26Q only that party's details is required on whom TDS is deducted & paid . In case party is exempt from TDS then no need to file his details on te QTRLY return ...............

CA CS Prakash Somani (A helpin
CA CS B. Com. NCFM (Capital market)

[ Scorecard : 22756]
Posted On 25 May 2009 at 14:27

If there is no deduction of TDS then no ned to fill in details.

Rohan
employee

[ Scorecard : 45]
Posted On 25 May 2009 at 15:54

thanku all of u ....

I just need to clarify... because in e-tds 26Q return for 194A---- in annexures while filling up deductee details they have a column ( col.428/25 ) wherein it is mentioned that give Reason for No Deduction / Lower Deduction ( select A - u/s.197 and B - u/s.197A )....

so do we need to give details of depositors ( no tax deducted as received 15G/15H from them ) in the annexure and select B        or       we can just fill up details only of the deductees for whom tax has been deducted.

Ankit
NA

[ Scorecard : 38]
Posted On 25 May 2009 at 22:25

you should qoute in e-tds return that because of receiving 15G/15H from these deductors no tds has been deducted.........

Ankit
NA

[ Scorecard : 38]
Posted On 25 May 2009 at 22:27

you need not to fill these details if the deductee remains exempt from TDS even if he/she has not filed 15G/15H with the deductor....i.e. if the payment to deductee is out of the ambit of qualifying requiremnts of tds deduction....

but if the deductee is enjoying exemption only due to forem 15G/15H then you need to fill up the details....

Pankaj Khandelwal
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 71]
Posted On 26 May 2009 at 10:35

no deduction of TDS,no ned to fill in details

SHILPA GUPTA
CA

[ Scorecard : 36]
Posted On 04 June 2010 at 15:41

Where to exactly fill this in TDS form

Ajay
Accountanty

[ Scorecard : 35]
Posted On 13 July 2010 at 21:06

I also have the same Query related to Transporter with 0% Tds due to new Rule from 1st Oct 2009.

Should i have to furnish the details of Transporter in a Querter 1

Regards,

Ajay Pandey

There are 10 Replies to this message

Related Files