Easy Office
LCI Learning

Doubt regarding forex topic

Page no : 3

Jithin (Learner) (1057 Points)
Replied 09 October 2014

Originally posted by : Sukriti Jain
jithin i wud like to ques u...have u ever searched google and found the ans for "how to prepare dummy balance sheet of client" or lets take simpl ex. have u ever applied for a driving license....so what u face over there...did u found it on googl...neehhh i dont think so... Coz googl provid no ans for the things mentioned.....yeah u may find the exact law nd procedure for that on googl....bt u also kno that practiclly what happns is diffrnt....ryt... 

in our profession or in real world..... u have to keep in ur mind that smthing r PRACTICAL.... googl may not answer u over those..... nor even th books may tell u...

we undergo practical traing for 3 years...its for this reason only....to learn what is not in the books.

n this topic is related to treasury deptt of bank...abt which very few ppl in india hav expert knowledg...it has lot of potential to b explored..thats y u might not get it over gogl.

googl tells u th law regulation the method or procedure printed in the books ... it does not substantiate u abt the common parlance or practical activities....

sad bt thts a drawbak of gogl... lol :)

Well I think u misintrepreted my post..Or may be I put it the wrong way. I was just asking u to show me an instance of short form quote since the real, live trading quotes that I see on net are all in full form and u guys were still insisting that full form isnt used in practical world(The full form quotes which I saw were from practical world and not from any text books). I wasnt asking u to give me a link on the practicalities of quoting foreign exchange rates. I know the limitations of google but for the purpose I mentioned google is more than enough. 

Replied 09 October 2014

@ Sourav and Sukriti

I just had a discussion with my cousin sister who has practical expoure in FOREX area. She said that both types are used in practical world but the prominent type is full form. For example if the bid rate and ask rate for USD/INR are 61.05 and 61.06 respectively, generally the quote is shown as 61.05/61.06. Thats how the quotes are displayed in dealing platforms. The only instances where she has seen a quote like 61.05/06 were in reuter forex deals which shows the conversation btwn 2 dealers.

So to conclude, quotes in full form really exist in practical world. It isnt something that only ICAI question setters use..

1 Like

ROHIT (CA-Final,CS-Final,Mcom) (108 Points)
Replied 10 October 2014

Thanks to all of you...

Replied 10 October 2014

Originally posted by : Sukriti Jain
yeah in practical world of course both typs of quotes exist. we may use full form or shortform. both r valid. if we use USA or its fullform both means th same thing. n both can b used interchangebly. its just for the sake of convinience that we use shortform otherwise fullform can also b used. whether it is by icai or by bank etc. :)

Well I just wanted to know whether the full form is used in actual practice since in an earlier post Sourav was mentioning about the irrelevance of full form in the practical world and about ICAI paper setters using full form inspite of its lack of use in real world. But when I searched on net, it was unlike mentioned by Sourav. So thats why I raised up this query. And for ur kind info, both full form and short form arent used interchangeably. It isnt like the USA-United States of America thing. There is a standard convention in which rates are quoted. For example, as Sourav was saying, quotes are given like USD/INR although it can be given by way of dollar/rupee symbols. Even though both manner of presentation convey the same meaning, USD/INR is used as a standard universally. The same way, full form is the standard form used for displaying quotes(u wont see any live quotes displayed in short form). Short form is used only for communication between forex dealers since it is convenient to use short form. So full form is used practically for all purposes and short form isnt exactly an alternative like ur USA example :)

Thanks to both of u(Sukriti and Sourav) for sparing ur valuable time and following up with prompt replies. And thanks to Rohit for initiating this discussion. It was definitely an interactive and lively discussion. Once again thanks to all.

Bye,

Jithin

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: