Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Students > Final >

DO U REALLY WANT to Be A Chartered Accountant? ENTER HERE

Pages : 1 2

CA (Final) & CS (Final) Student

[ Scorecard : 1042]
Posted On 07 January 2010 at 09:10 Report Abuse

Why u want to become a chartered accountant?

Go through following to justify that, do u really want to be a chartered accountant?

I suggest all CA STUDENTS AND CA's to read below mentioned part and ask himself or herself that-

1) whether doing audit or ca job is his / her  dream work? From childhood?

2) Do I have passion for accounting work?

3) Do i look at ca's work with same interest like i have interst in other things? Do i get out of world pleasure while doing audit work? Do i really feel relaxed at office than at a "college katta" with my friends?

4) Is doing accounting work my hobby? If god asked me the best thing i want to do....  will i select thing like tallying a balancesheet or doing consolidation of a company? Really?

5) Do i really want to be an accountant ? If all opportunities like "good job, high salary and high reputation in the society" etc. removed will i be interested in doing the same accounting work?

I guess, very few people will get affirmative answers from their heart.

No doubt, one may like (accounting) figures, but he should try to do the work of  his interest., and i think this will make the life happy....

BASED ON ABOVE 5 POINTS, HERE YOU JUST HAVE TO MENTION THE BASIC REASON WHY YOU SELECTED CA COURSE ?  

REMEMBER : You should get the proper answer from ur heart within 2 seconds. If not, then assume that, u can not justify urself about ur decision to join ca course. 

[ KINDLY NOTE THAT, I AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO DISCOURAGE ANYONE, NOR I AM DISCOURAGED TO CONTINUE CA COURSE. I WILL COMPLETE MY COURSE. ITS JUST A FREE DISCUSSION AFTER CONSIDERING LESSONS GIVEN IN "3 IDIOTS" MOVIE. SERIOUSLY, WE ALL HAVE TO THINK ON THIS MATTER. ]

REGARDS,

KARAN JOSHI

[DISCLAIMER: ABOVE MENTIONED VIEWS ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS ONLY AND THEY MAY BE WRONG]

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Member (Account Deleted)
Student

[ Scorecard : 155]
Posted On 07 January 2010 at 10:58

Hey karan ... last night i also have seen 3 idiots.. Really from the last 12 hours i m also thinking the same which u r disscussing here ... thats fine that our proffession demands lot of hardwork which we don't like... but the reputation of CA we know very vell..

So I thinkk our heart most like the reputation rather than Interest so... Keep going..

Nd remember that is movie.. not reality nd there was almost 80 re-take for every shot.. but we have limited chances nd we have to win...

But I really admire u that u have asked such type of question .... I m also thinking about same.. but make CA proffession as passion, Interest apne aap aata chala jaega..

Sry if i m Wrong..

Preeti
Article

[ Scorecard : 27]
Posted On 07 January 2010 at 13:03

Goog Message

Harshita
CA FINAL STUDENT

[ Scorecard : 116]
Posted On 18 January 2010 at 12:01

Hi Karan....I never wanted to study a lot. I always wanted to be a Fashion Designer/Architect Engineer/Painter. I had been among the toppers of my class but i had no interest in studies as much as i was interested in computers,mathematics and arts......but my parents wanted me to be a chartered accountant because they believe that i have got such potential by which i can become a successful CA. I came into CA by others choice but now truly speaking it has become my choice...... What i mean to say is "Movies are movies".... they are simply made to entertain us and to earn a lot.....if we are wasting our time in thinking about movies or actors then we are harming ourselves only....if we would like to create our interest then it is not impossible to create interest in any field...either it is our choice or its others'....because "IMPOSSIBLE" itself says "I M POSSIBLE"..............All the best.

Total thanks : 1 times

CA Sneha
C.A

[ Scorecard : 450]
Posted On 20 January 2010 at 14:43

Originally posted by : Harshita
Hi Karan....I never wanted to study a lot. I always wanted to be a Fashion Designer/Architect Engineer/Painter. I had been among the toppers of my class but i had no interest in studies as much as i was interested in computers,mathematics and arts......but my parents wanted me to be a chartered accountant because they believe that i have got such potential by which i can become a successful CA. I came into CA by others choice but now truly speaking it has become my choice...... What i mean to say is "Movies are movies".... they are simply made to entertain us and to earn a lot.....if we are wasting our time in thinking about movies or actors then we are harming ourselves only....if we would like to create our interest then it is not impossible to create interest in any field...either it is our choice or its others'....because "IMPOSSIBLE" itself says "I M POSSIBLE"..............All the best.

Rightly said.. n if we want we can develop interests  in any course but that happens oly if we really want to..

Vidhi Chauhan
Articled Assistants

[ Scorecard : 25]
Posted On 20 January 2010 at 15:24

really inspiring.........

Harshita
CA FINAL STUDENT

[ Scorecard : 116]
Posted On 21 January 2010 at 14:33

Thanks a lot Sneha and Vidhi

Member (Account Deleted)
CS Professional & CA PCC

[ Scorecard : 725]
Posted On 07 February 2010 at 12:11

ANSWERS:

1.NO, I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A DOCTOR

2.PASSION? YES. I WANT TO EXCEL IN THE FIELD.

3.YES, I M GTTNG INTEREST IN IT. REAL INTEREST... WEN I M AT IFFICE I FRGET WHOLE WORLD. TIME PASSES QUICKLY ........... N I FIND GREAT INTEREST IN LEARNING FROM MY SENIORS N MY SENIORS DOESNT LET ME MISS COLLEGE ENVIRONMENT.

4.NO................ ITS NOT A HOBBY............... 

5.YES, I'LL STILL LOOK FOR ACCOUNTING COZ NOW I HAVE AN EAGER INTEREST TO EXCEL IN THE FIELD 

adula...
student

[ Scorecard : 545]
Posted On 07 February 2010 at 15:23

i am IPCC student writing may 2010 exam cleared cpt with second attempt( first attempt wrote simply to get experience
I love books I love reading , i have interest in studying

I really wanted to become an engineer from the child hood

I joined engineering  too , engineering was my passion its mixed with blood

and

after joining engineering i wrote many games , programs, lots of network hacking etc which were not in syllabus

i was flunking in exam by  low marks
my friends use to say by looking at my marks

"u have working knwldg , u r  very brilliant about computers u can do any thing but u won't study so u get low marks"

in this world if take statistics of failures, u will come to know that those failures may really have come to the course by interest only still they fail,
there are two reasons for failures even though they have interest

1. it doesn't mean that if u have passion you have to get degree in that cos u wont get independ
For example writing is my passion ,

for me writing in a blank paper is easier than over writing in some one's handwriting
so if u have passion or interest in any field u shud get independence there and you cannot follow some ones syllabus etc

if u have passion you really no need to get degree in that . thats why in three idiots  movie  amir khan succeeds in his life wit out degree.

2. with out studying the subjects of engineering or medicine or ca how can one say he has passion in that field, if he says i have passoin
that is really by seeing relatives friends INCOME , MONEY or JOB fashions etc ( i like computers and engineering cos of by seeing games, even i
wanted to write games etc so joined engineering)
but when person enters into graduation its complete different scenario
 in every degree unrelated subjects will be more,i never like the subjects they kept,
i use to fail in unrelated subjects but a person may fail in related subject also cos he may have come to that degree
by seeing money etc, and assuming that he has passion in that suject  ..foolishness

with passion or interest about proffesion will not help to get degree , u shud have interest, not in profesion but in subjects
 they want to become CA and they want it wit out studying..... funny

adula...
student

[ Scorecard : 545]
Posted On 07 February 2010 at 15:26

Aldrine excellent sir

u told in short but it is true

There are 16 Replies to this message

Related Files