Easy Office
LCI Learning

Discuss and download Final Q paper exam question paper May 2014

Page no : 5

Rishikesh (CA CMA CS-Professional)   (337 Points)
Replied 05 June 2014

ISCA was very tough.. Too many indirect questions

Sourav (Achieving d UnAchieved) (991 Points)
Replied 05 June 2014

ISCA paper was primarily based on Chapter 2, 3 and 4 and unfortunately these are the longest chapter is the syllabus, which most of the student leave out. And also few questions were not direct asked. The compulsary question was so twisted that even after knowing the answer I made a blunder mistake.

Aniket Naik (Student) (79 Points)
Replied 05 June 2014

After all of the students review it seems it misjudged some questions, which were designed to trick. Now its clear that result won't be different than previous attempt.crying

CA Anuj Agrawal (Chartered Accountant) (116 Points)
Replied 07 June 2014

hello everyone, This time institute has started the link where student can give there view regarding papers. It is requested to kindly use te same to shaw institute hat blunders they are doing with students and their life.

https://icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=10679&c_id=219

Aniket Naik (Student) (79 Points)
Replied 07 June 2014

DT paper was Very Tricky & lengthy.

CA ADITYA ZANTYE (BCOM CA CS PROFESSIONAL)   (325 Points)
Replied 07 June 2014

Institute firse bhul gayi ye audit ka nahi DT ka paper hai 3cd daal diya.lolz.Accounts main DT ka pucha tha.First of DT is so vast and there were many good amendments but inst ne pucha he nahi i dont knw who said that in may attempt main bhar bhar ke amendments puchte hai.I think so they are wrong btw hatsoff to paper setter.Each paper there was a surprise element.DT audit superb combo.

Sourav (Achieving d UnAchieved) (991 Points)
Replied 07 June 2014

No questions related to recent amendment in the paper, no recent case laws.... Surprising... But thats the reality.... Institute totally outfoxed the students..... Each paper of Group 2 bought a new surprise.... Eagerly waiting to see the surprise element in the last paper.......

Srinath (Chartered Accountant) (166 Points)
Replied 07 June 2014

Sorry to offend anyone on this forum. Maybe I don't know the pain of failing in exams (First attempt). But after looking at Nov'13 paper I guess you should have prepared at a level similar to that. Except FR, in my opinion all other subjects were OK. SFM, Audit and Tax were exemption papers. I disagree that pass percentage will be similar to Nov'13

I would suggest all not to lose heart and start preparation early and from best sources for November. As for me looks like my First attempt is my lucky attempt!!

1 Like

ANUPAM RAIZADA (CA Final) (68 Points)
Replied 07 June 2014

Originally posted by : Srinath
Sorry to offend anyone on this forum. Maybe I don't know the pain of failing in exams (First attempt). But after looking at Nov'13 paper I guess you should have prepared at a level similar to that. Except FR, in my opinion all other subjects were OK. SFM, Audit and Tax were exemption papers. I disagree that pass percentage will be similar to Nov'13

I would suggest all not to lose heart and start preparation early and from best sources for November. As for me looks like my First attempt is my lucky attempt!!

Dear Srinath,

I don't wana sound offensive but, have you given your CA Final papers yet....!!!!
Let me just tell you something, every student here is capable of giving professional answers againest the questions asked in the papers...(Cos this is what ICAi is looking for)
What ppl don't see is 8 subjects, 15 days, study material includes practice manuals, RTP's, MOCK papers, Reference materials, Amendments, Case Laws, Plus Study materials of each subject(which by the way, ICAI expects us to know in minute details). On top of that ICAI study materials are never good enough, so refer to some other books as well. Studying and preparing for months and then one paper can mess your months of labour. Just because ICAI wanted the paper in diff. pattern.... Take cost for example this year, Paper was not tough but add up the pressure of three hours and the fear of failing with every passing minute while writing exams, cos you might not finish the papres!!!! And it becomes really-really-Really Tough......

See I know we all knew what we were getting in to.... But the thing that irritates us the most is that there is no set level of expectation by ICAI from its students...!! At some point they give papers which have question directly lifted from Practice manual and some times we get questions that are never heard of... After I have given my papers, if you tell me that I am going to be strict while checking it and pass % is gonna be LOW... Well then you have some where costed me an attempt!!!!
It's sometimes easy to say"Get Up, Dust Off, n Walk again..... All the more easy when you've not fallen Yet".
Don't take this personally, but I am going through it so I know... Walking in my shoes is not Easy....

-CA Students

6 Like

Googoo gaga (Article) (29 Points)
Replied 07 June 2014

Originally posted by : ANUPAM RAIZADA

Originally posted by : Srinath

Dear Srinath,

I don't wana sound offensive but, have you given your CA Final papers yet....!!!!
Let me just tell you something, every student here is capable of giving professional answers againest the questions asked in the papers...(Cos this is what ICAi is looking for)
What ppl don't see is 8 subjects, 15 days, study material includes practice manuals, RTP's, MOCK papers, Reference materials, Amendments, Case Laws, Plus Study materials of each subject(which by the way, ICAI expects us to know in minute details). On top of that ICAI study materials are never good enough, so refer to some other books as well. Studying and preparing for months and then one paper can mess your months of labour. Just because ICAI wanted the paper in diff. pattern.... Take cost for example this year, Paper was not tough but add up the pressure of three hours and the fear of failing with every passing minute while writing exams, cos you might not finish the papres!!!! And it becomes really-really-Really Tough......

See I know we all knew what we were getting in to.... But the thing that irritates us the most is that there is no set level of expectation by ICAI from its students...!! At some point they give papers which have question directly lifted from Practice manual and some times we get questions that are never heard of... After I have given my papers, if you tell me that I am going to be strict while checking it and pass % is gonna be LOW... Well then you have some where costed me an attempt!!!!
It's sometimes easy to say"Get Up, Dust Off, n Walk again..... All the more easy when you've not fallen Yet".
Don't take this personally, but I am going through it so I know... Walking in my shoes is not Easy....

-CA Students

Dude, I know where you are coming from, I used to think the same. But just accept it. CA final is a test of how well you can remember 5000 pages. That's the only reason it is tough and the only reason it's valued more than engineering. Just accpet it and get this done. You have to train yourself for months to cope with the stress and volume of this syllabus. Stop whining, complaining, blaming ICAI when we joined this course ourselves and be a god damn winner no matter how unfair the circumstances are. You can do it, just apply yourself and get the self-discipline for a few months and it is really achievable.

Good luck.

- From a guy on his 5th attempt.

Kapil Banka (ACA (Assistant Manager))   (115 Points)
Replied 08 June 2014

I believe this time idt paper will come very easy

Kirti Arora (Company secretary CA final Student)   (75 Points)
Replied 08 June 2014

I guess a/c and sfm was quite good exam...60% of nav of B ltd shall be added since A ltd hold already 60% holding whereas balance is with foreign company... so the question basically belongs to mix up of amalagation+acquisition of share...question no 43 of parveen sharma sir book chapter amalagamation ans is 198,96,320

Replied 08 June 2014

Exam level was quite good....SFM and Accounts paper was for scoring exemption ....

Replied 08 June 2014

Dear All 

Now this time Institute is not asking straight way question like direct question..but institute is checking practical knowledge in therotical sense like in law paper qeu 5 and 6 both were our knowledge that how can we connect various chapter+ various section as a profeessional.

In question 5 ins ask that a pvt com having 2 dirctor 51 & 49 holdig now other one is not co-operating what A should do now..this is bascially interlinked question of 2-3 chapter... 

So we should prepare with full book thoroughly knowledge...

Hope for the best....

Utkarsh (X) (40 Points)
Replied 08 June 2014

Originally posted by : Kirti Arora
I guess a/c and sfm was quite good exam...60% of nav of B ltd shall be added since A ltd hold already 60% holding whereas balance is with foreign company... so the question basically belongs to mix up of amalagation+acquisition of share...question no 43 of parveen sharma sir book chapter amalagamation ans is 198,96,320

This question was from past examinations. It has been asked thrice in the earlier examinations viz. Nov 01, Nov 06 and Nov 09. It is also available in the Module of ICAI. However, other questions (except from Accounting Standards) were new and somewhat lengthy and tricky but easily attainable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro