Digital Signature Registration for IT

Muralidharan (Self Employed) (1034 Points)

30 July 2010  

Dear Members

The Income Tax department has made it mandatory for companies to digitally sign the IT return while submitting the same online. I had encountered into a problem while registering the digital signature of a director withthe IT website.

A company was incorporated on 17th March 2010. I have registered the loginid with the incometax department website for efiling. However I am unable to register the digital signature of the director with the website. I am getting the following error message. Kindly advise how to register the digital signature of the director.

Error in registration of your Digital Certificate

Validation Error

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

1.       Digital Certificate is not issued in the name of the company.

2.       Your Name in the Certificate does not match with the Key Persons/Partner Member Information if filed earlier

3.       If you are filing the first return of the Company/Firm/Trust, you have to submit ITR-V only.

Does this mean that new companies incorporated on or after 1st April 2009 have to upload their IT return without digital signature and submit ITR-V physically to the department. Does this not contradict the circular issued by the department that all companies have to submit their return online with digital signature.

with regards

Muralidharan