Easy Office

TDS On Reimbursement of Electricity Bill

Page no : 2

Shrinivas Tirandas (Pursuing CA) (31 Points)
Replied 20 January 2011

Hey, im also facing the same problem, here landlord is not charging the service tax but he is not able to give us the electricity bill as he gets a consolidated bill from EB for entire building.

I wanrt to know whether i can rely on this consolidated bill which he gets and treat it as a reimbursement or i should collect TDS considering it as a service.

Sivaguru SM (Tax Consultant) (235 Points)
Replied 20 January 2011

Dear Mr. Suresh

I got your query, first of all i want to make you clear that if any bill received by adding Service Tax is TDS deductible.

In your case that is Electricity bill means this comes under contract hence if your landlord issuing bills by adding Service Tax means its TDS deductible.

When he issue a bill by stating that Electricity bill reimbursement charges and without adding Service Tax then it won't attract TDS.  Before making payment you should be clear that whether he added Service Tax or not. 

If your landlord states in bill that Electricity charges reimbursement then you are safe.  In case in any scrutiny also you can explain them that this is only reimbursement not any service rendered.

Shrinaath Paravasthu (Articles) (62 Points)
Replied 24 January 2011

Under what section does tax has to be deducted if the Land lord issues a seperate bill for reimbursement  Electricity charges  & Maintenance charges with Service tax charged on total value

CA MAULIK (C.A) (937 Points)
Replied 25 January 2011

AGREE WID MR KHAN>>>>>

SHAILESH BAGWE (SR ACCOUNTS OFFICER) (26 Points)
Replied 15 October 2013

WHETHER TDS IS APPLICABLE FOR REIMB OF EXP OF ELECTRICITY & WATER CHARGES WITH THE SERVICE TAX, LANDLOAD GIVE THE PHOTO COPY OF ELECTRICITY BILL AND CHARGES  UNIT RATES  OTHER THAN THE BILL

Chinmay (Accounts Professional) (356 Points)
Replied 16 October 2013

I think electricity bill is kind of reimbursement of expenses & reimbursement not attract any kind of TDS. 

But landlord provide electricity charges along with rent bill then it is necessary deduct TDS @ 10% (no any surcharge).

Mamraj Sankhla (Accountants) (21 Points)
Replied 30 January 2015

Dear Sir

I want to ask you tds matter on electricity charges on rent, we have got 1 lakh rupees bill from ndmc but owner demanded 20% on 100000 from us raising a seperate bill please guide me on service tax or tds in this matter

thanks & regards

mamraj

Gurukumar (Accounts Executive) (22 Points)
Replied 04 February 2019

Dear Sir,

HT Line BEscom Electricaity Bill Tax is hsowing that amount companies relcaim otion is their pls sugess anybody

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: