Easy Office

input service tax credit

Page no : 5
(Guest)

What is the Section & Notification No . Of Service Tax input credit as per Govt Rule

(Guest)
Originally posted by :PRASAD
" as per your details regarding service tax credit, can you pl. guide what is the limit time that an assessee can hold the credit and utilize the same after a period of time "

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
"

Dear Sir

I am working for IT industries(Computer Manufacture and Service) and I would like to know what is the time limit to avail facility of Input Credit

Can I avail this facility any time during the year?

please suggest

Ankush

"
as per your details regarding service tax credit, can you pl. guide what is the limit time that an assessee can hold the credit and utilize the same after a period of time
"

"

kailash goyal (chartered accountants) (36 Points)
Replied 14 November 2008

my client is an electrical contractor , he is taking benift of 67%and 33% under n.f. no. 1/2006 however he is also providing services as labour work only on which he is paying 12.36% on total contract . Can he avail input credit / cenvet credit on service contract on which 12.36% is being paid on whole value of contract. Service tax dep. is of the opinion that once u exercise 1/6 n,f, option for combined contracrt you are not entitled to input rebte even on those contracts on which 1/6 n.f. i.e 67/33 is not applicable . Let me know the corect positon ?

(Guest)

urgent

hi

we are job  workers ( powder coating   work) can we get register under service tax act and claim excise duty paid on powder used in job work.

as cenvat credit.

Nilesh (Service) (1422 Points)
Replied 25 November 2008

Dear Ankush,

There is no time limit for availing Cenvat credit on inputs/input services, but credit should be taken in reasonable time. Various judicial pronounced are available on this issue, reasonable time limit means generally One (1) year.

Warm regards,
Nilesh

Reshma.M.D (Student) (20 Points)
Replied 25 November 2008

Originally posted by :Rakesh
" Hello Sir, My question is that if we are providing both taxable and nontaxable service then how we can  calim input service tax. "

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

I am doing service in a mfg. unit where we use to sale coke & providing service like stamping & screening. For that we charge service tax. I want to know that whether we can avail full amount of credit against our service tax payable.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" I have my factory at Vapi for which I have been alloted a Service Tax Regn No., now I want to add a place of business to this regn no. which is located at Mumbai. Can you give me a procedure for the same. Pls revert back at the earliest. "

CA Adithya Murali (Senior Associate Analyst)   (119 Points)
Replied 23 January 2009

X ltd is a hospital.

X ltd collects rent and it is the only taxable service for the hospital. The company also pays rent and takes input credit on the same. Is the company eligible for input credit on other expenses for eg:telephone etc..

Please clarify.

Asif S Dadani (Partner) (39 Points)
Replied 23 April 2009

We are trading company and we are paying service tax on behalf of GTA as GTA does not pay service tax. Can we get input credit of other expenses while paying the service tax

Madhukar N Hiregange (Chartered Accountant) (38934 Points)
Replied 24 April 2009

GTA services for trading activity are not eligible input services since they are not used for provding taxable services or not in relation to manufacture or clearacne of excisable goods.

However for GTA realting to the goods used in manufacture input service credit would be available. 

Sravankumar Reddy (Manager-Accounts) (26 Points)
Replied 04 June 2009

We are constructing a 4star Hotel in Bangalore. We are paying Service Tax to Consultants and Contractors towards Invoices raised by them. Can We take Input credit of the service tax paid? Our Service tax payments are in 2007-2008,2008-09, 2009-10. Commercial operation of the Hotel starts in 2010-2011. Shold we carry forward all the service tax payments to 2010-11 and can we take input credit out of the servicetax sums received by us. Please advice me.

1 Like

aashu (A) (29 Points)
Replied 24 October 2009

Hi

My Ques is Regarding Input of Service tax.  can we avail the credit of Service Tax Input of Nov.against the service tax payable for the month of Oct.Will this ans changed if there is  No srvice tax Payable for the month of Nov.

sandeep (accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 14 November 2009

I made payment to party includes service tax then my business was not working after 4 month I take over new business. its nature of business is manufacturing now can i taking same input credit service tax against output finished goods on excise duty

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: