LCI Learning

Registration of Charitable trust U/S 12A

Page no : 2

Praveen C (Proprietor) (30 Points)
Replied 30 September 2010

Can a Trust issue share certificate.

Sneha Goenka (article) (27 Points)
Replied 02 October 2012

please can sumbdy help me regarding 12 A Registration....urgent ...

GUNASEKARAN D (PROFESSIONAL AUDITOR ) (34 Points)
Replied 15 December 2012

WHAT IS THE TIME FRAME MINIMUM REQUIRED FOR APPLYING 80G EXEMPTION OF A PUBLIC TRUST

COULD I BE EXPLAINED

Harsh Singhal ( ) (81 Points)
Replied 25 February 2015

Both applications can be applied together or it can also be applied separately also. If some organization is willing to apply both applications separately, then application for registration u/s 12A will be applied first. Getting 12A registration is must for applying application for registration u/s 80G of Income Tax Act. PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION.  

Step-1: Dully filled-in application will be submitted to the exemption section of the lncome Tax Department.

Step-2: NGO will receive notice for clarifications from Income Tax Department in 2-3 months after applying.

Step-3: Reply of notice will be submitted by the consultant along with all relevant desired documents to the Income Tax Departments.

Step-4: Consultant will personally visit the Income Tax Departments to follow-up the case on behalf of the applicant organization.

Step-5: Exemption Certificates will be issued.

VALIDITY PERIOD

12A registration :Lifetime validity

80G registration : 1 to 3 years validity      

Documents reguired for registration u/s 12A AND 80G:

1. Dully filled in Form - 10A for registration u/s 12A registration;

2. Dully filled in Form - 10G for registration u/s 80G registration;

3. Registration Certificate and MOA /Trust Deed (two copies - self attested by NGO head);

4. NOC from Landlord (where registered office is situated);

5. Copy of PAN card of NGO;

6. Electricity Bill / House tax Receipt /Water Bill (photocopy);

7. Evidence of welfare activities carried out & Progress Report since inception or last 3 years;

8. Books of Accounts, Balance Sheet & ITR (if any), since inception or last 3years;

9. List of donors along with their address and PAN;

10. List of governing body I board of trustees members with their contact details;

11. Original RC and MOA /Trust Deed for verification;

12. Authority letter in favor of NGO Factory;

13. Any other document I affidavit / undertaking I information asked by the Income Tax department.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: