Easy Office

C.S.T/VAT set off

Page no : 2

Ramachandran (Partner) (27 Points)
Replied 13 July 2010

Query :

An Assessee under Kerala General Sales Tax Act paid a lumpsum amount of Rs 1 crore towards KGST and interest dues for 5 assessment years viz., 2000-01, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04 and 2004-05.  The aggregate dues for the above years are in excess of 4 crores. However the assessing officer has appropriated the entire sum of Rs 1 crore towards the interest dues for the five years and has not appropriated anything towards the principal tax dues.  Is it correct ? Should he not appropriate it year wise - first towards the interest dues of 2000-01 and then principal tax dues of 2000-01 before going to the year 2001-02 ?

Please answer

vivek (CA) (74 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

CST PAID ON PURCHASE CAN NOT BE SET OFF FROM VAT PAYABLE BUT VAT PAID ON PURCHASE CAN BE SET OFF FROM CST PAYABLE

vivek (CA) (74 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

CST PAID ON PURCHASE CAN NOT BE SET OFF FROM VAT PAYABLE BUT VAT PAID ON PURCHASE CAN BE SET OFF FROM CST PAYABLE

sitaram (Executive Accounts) (136 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

set off of Vat paid (ITC) (purchases) against vat payables (Sales) No setoff against CST payables, Only you can adjust the excess credit of vat input against CST Payables.  

kanagaraj (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (793 Points)
Replied 17 July 2010

Hai all,

Chandrasekar is absolutely correct.Only Vat paid on purchases locally can be set off against CST sales. That too the CST sales must be against form C.

ajay (a) (21 Points)
Replied 18 October 2011

pls. guide me as below

my purchase in local is high / sales is low. but sales to cst is high purchase is low through cst

shall i get input vat fully credit in local sales and cst sales

If any setoff calculation pls. guide me. my september month calculation statement attached herewith

my mail id - raj1975c @ gmail.com

raj

Attached File : 529246 852675 vat clarification.xls downloaded: 137 times

Mahalakshmi Gayathri (Student CA Final ) (50 Points)
Replied 24 August 2013

Please do clarify my doubt regards to CST .....In the Firm i audit they made CST purchase only for display purpose i mean such purchase is not meant for Sale so now how to treat that CST paid amount??

as liabilitty or as expenditure??

RAKESH AGARWAL (Officer) (26 Points)
Replied 14 July 2014

Hello Sir,

As example : Rajasthan dealer is purchase goods from Pujab dealer the cost of Rs. 1 Lac with pay CST @ 2%against 'C' form. It means 1,00,000+2000=1,02,000.

The said Rajasthan dealer sold the some part of said material in Rajasthan with receive VAT Rs.300 & other some part of said material sold in M.P state with receive the CST Rs.500.

So please tell me for rajasthan dealer how can set off for CST /VAT ?

Dhirender Kr Singh (Accounts Executive) (26 Points)
Replied 29 November 2016

IF CST purchase 13.5% & Sale on VAT 13.5% Than Can we set off or not

Replied 29 November 2016

Replied 29 November 2016

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: