Easy Office
LCI Learning

Communication u/s 143(1)(a)

Page no : 5

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Yeah, looks like a technical glitch, they said they would send another intimation. @ Subir wait for the second intimation, if it doesn't come in the next 10 days, we'll call CPC again... Surprisingly, when I tried to use the ITR form I used during filing, it asked me to download the new version :S

Apurva Shah (9 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Hi, I also received the same notice and while checing in E-Proceedings > E-Assessment/Proceedings section, I found message of 'No recrods found'. I called to Call center no. 18001034455 mentioned in the communnication and they told that ignore this communication for now and they will send the revised communication further. I also noted down the complain no. while call.  I request you to check E-Procesdings and call to Call Center if that is the case for you.

Hirak Jyoti (Assistant Manager) (12 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Hi All,

I am facing an issue while submitting the response to communication
u/s 143(1)(a)(vi) through e-proceeding on my online e-filing portal.In
this context, I agreed for addition of income corresponding to Form
16A/other income and Form 16 gross total income as I forgot to mention
the same in my original e-filing, but disagreed to the addition of
income against Form 16 deduction and Form 16 Taxable total income as I
have paid LIC premium during FY 2016-17, which I hadn't declared to my
employer, so I have claimed that deduction at the time of filing my
original ITR-1.In this connection, portal asked me to mention the
reason for disagreement by stating TAN, Deduction made under section,
Amount paid by deductor,Nature of receipt as per deductor,
Income/gross receipt as per return, Head of income/schedule under
which reported in the return and I don't know what to write under
these column heads.Please look into this and guide me through this.

I have hereby attached the two snapshots of the issue (marked with red
line) I am facing.

Attached File : 2046254 20170727184039 issues.zip downloaded: 167 times

megha jain (others) (27 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

I also recieved the same notice. I claimed for refund and i am not agree. How to give explanation to CPC. Kindle let me know 

Hirak Jyoti (Assistant Manager) (12 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Originally posted by : Vivek Soni
Solution to problem Communication u/s 143(1)(a) 

https://cleartax.in/s/received-notice-mismatch-income-form-1616a-heres-need/?utm_content=buffer4ded2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I have already gone through the article you mentioned.But that article
covers only what is to be written under TAN , Deduction made under
section , Amount paid/credited by Deductor, Income/Gross receipt as
per return and reason column heads.Article has no mention of what is
to be written under Nature of receipt as per the deductor and Head of
Income/Schedule under which reported in the return.

CA. Dilip Jabuani (Dilip A Jabuani & Co) (230 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

I also received intimation u/s 143(1)(a)

Vijayendra Agrawal (2 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Hi All,

I got the same notice as I deducted HRA and PPF in my ITR however I was not able to submit response due to the mandadtory TAN field.. I called the customer care and he asked me to ignore this notice as we will get another communication in next few days. I told him that it is mentioned in the notice to reply within 30 days but he told me to ignore everything mentioned in the notice. We will get another mail with the further course of action.

Hope it helps.

Hiten soneji (student) (68 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

I have also received the same notice..should i required to upload documents of deductions taken in 80C?

Ankit Agarwal (2 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

I also received a similar notice, in my case it looks like they added up the payment I made for purchase of property from TDS filing as income which is very strange and feels incorrect cause this was a payment from me not to me

today i have also got same notice which shows the difference of 185000 in income from salary. i have included my income from other sources also in ITR which they have included as such in their calculations. but they have not deducted any deduction under 80c, 80ccd1, 80ccd2 80d etc which is 265000 according to me. due to increase in salary income and making the deductions 0, they have proposed to increase my taxable salary by 450000 approx. i don't understand from where they have got that 185000 figure? why deductions under various sections is taken as 0? 
are they taking into account the amount which i have received from matured NSC's ? if this is the case then what reply should i give them as i had already added the interest received in my income every year.

one more doubt i have is that one of the employer have shown that they have paid around 193000 to me and deducted 1000 as TDS, although he realized his mistake and then corrected the entries and those entries are visible in my 26AS form as positive and negative entries. is there any chance that deptt is considering that amount as part of my income which was added to my account by that DDO by mistake ?

CA Prakash (Chartered Accountant) (475 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

If you ignore communication received u/s 143(1)(a) and fail to respond within 30 days, CPC will make additions proposed and send intimation u/s 143(1) with demand notice. You will have no option but to go for an appeal for the adjustment made. 

For more details, vist this link https://www.simplifiedlaws.com/communication-of-proposed-adjustment-us-1431a-of-income-tax/

CA.Pullarao Padakandla (CA Job) (40 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

Thanks for informatiom..I too worried.

Subir Mukherjee (10 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

Thanks Richard for the update. Will wait for next initimation.

shobhit (aa) (339 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

this is a tax terrorism,,, they only have gross total income , total deductions and net total income in hand,,  they should be having bifurcation of deductions in hand,,, as they dont have the bifurcation but only the total deductions information,, therefore creating hardship for the taxpayers....who are claming 80tta,   as generally employees dont incorporate 80tta deductions in there declaration form to the employer....anyway very rude move by the govt.

1 Like

Neha sharma (-) (1257 Points)
Replied 28 July 2017

I'm not sure if the Income Tax Dept actually intended to send such a notice under Section 143(1)(a) or has it been sent by mistake due to some computer error.

If somebody is claiming erroneous deduction, it is still fine to send such a notice. The govt can ask for details and proofs of such deductions.

But I fail to understand why the Govt is sending a notice to somebody who is disclosing excess income and then paying tax on the same.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: