LCI Learning

Communication u/s 143(1)(a)

Page no : 4

Abhay Raja (2 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

I have also received same notice.

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Here is the messed up part, we try to do the right thing and declare the Savings interest as 80TTA and end up getting penalized. I should have just ignored that and declared only the Savings interest over and above the 10000 and got it over with,., :S Anyone knows which of the options from the list we need to choose for Savings 10000 mismatch ?

Pushpreet (Asosciate) (59 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Originally posted by : Richard Mauk
Here is the messed up part, we try to do the right thing and declare the Savings interest as 80TTA and end up getting penalized. I should have just ignored that and declared only the Savings interest over and above the 10000 and got it over with,., :S Anyone knows which of the options from the list we need to choose for Savings 10000 mismatch ?

Exactly! Now, if any expert knows which option to select when disagreeing with the Notice - then please let us know?

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Ok, talked to CPC right now about 80TTA , they said not to take any action at the moment and to wait for another communication which will be sent shortly. He kind of stressed the point "Do not take any action at the moment" and told to wait for the other intimation which will be sent. I asked him should I do anything on the portal, he said No don't take any action until the next communication.

Hope this helps other folks :) We have 30 days, hopefully the next email comes through, so my number of Sleepless nights are reduced :P

1 Like

Amit (2 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

I got intimation from tax department saying

Addition of income appearing in Form 26AS or Form 16A or Form 16 which has not been included in computing the total income in the return-143(1)(a)(vi)

I shown details of my salary , as well as Rs10000 interest (in other source of income) Later I deducted Rs 10000 under section 80TTA and Rs 68904(Under 80 cc For my elss and Lic investment).

Can any one tell me what's the reason behind it . Now what should I do.

NOTE: And can anyone tell me do I have mention ElSS and LIC premium details in some other section rather than 80c. Please Help

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

@ Amit, read my previous note for your 1st question.

Second question, 80C is the correct place to declare them. (Unless you already declared them earlier to your employer and it was part of your Form 16 and you declared it again)

Kunal Verma (Accountant) (83 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Hey Pushpreet,

If you hadnt shown interest in income as well as 80TTA, then also you would have got the same notice.

So now reply for it and write the full descripttion in the box so that they will understand the case.

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

@ Kunal Verma, CPC asked us to hold off on the replies for it.. How would he have got the same notice ? if he only declared additional income over and above Savings interest directly in Income from other sources ?

Arijit Das (37 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Thanks for the information Richard. Did they mention any timeline for the next intimation ?

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Not really brother, I stressed a couple of times and said that we only have 30 days, he said no ETA as of now, you will get an email.. I'll chase again in next 10-15 days.. Otherwise will provide justification in Others saying it's Savings interest exemption..

Subir Mukherjee (10 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

Hi,

Even I have received the same letter.

I had filed ITR1 since I am salaried and serving in private organisation. Within the Form 16 as received from my organisation. I have entered the Gross Income in my ITR1 form as per "Gross total income (6+7)" from my Form 16 form which is after deducting "Deductions u/s 24 - Interest" against housing loan which I had filed on 16th June 2017.

Today, I received a soft copy from I Tax with Subject : "Communication of proposed adjustment u/s 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961. It mentions to respond to the adjustments(s) proposed u/s. 143(1)(a) within 30 days.

Also its mentioned that an revised return upload can be enabled to process with complete of data. 

Since there is NO provision for Deductions u/s 24 - Interest, can you guide me what is the suitable steps for me. 

Also I am facing the same problem there is No notice in the "e-assesment / procedding" section

I would appreciate guidance on this please.

Replied 27 July 2017

Originally posted by : Pinkesh Prajapati
Interest on Housing Loan Amount Show in Form 16

Notice Received from IT Department Interest on Housing Loan Not Show in form 16

Notice Received 143(1)a Proporsed Adjustment

Same is my case Pinkesh. Even I am looking for an answer or action to respond back to CPC. Its for the first time it has come have always e-filed it earlier and had never received it.

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 27 July 2017

@ Subir Mukherjee, Need more details on which items have been mentioned and what is the error. If it's specific to 80TTA, I can answer, but the rest need to see what it really is.

Replied 27 July 2017

Hi Richard, 

Its NOT 80TTA. Its about us/24 - Interest on Housing Loan for which is shown as Income. While the same is deducted in my Form 16. Hope this clarifies

The letter is as below

The return for PAN XXXXXXXXXX, Assessment Year 2017-18 E-filing- Acknowledgement number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX  Dated 16-JUN-17 {AY, Acknowledgement Number and Date are obtained from the ITR} contains the errors/incorrect claims/ inconsistencies which attract adjustment(s), as specified u/s. 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961, as annexed in Part-A [(i) to (vi), as applicable]. You are herewith afforded an opportunity to respond to the below mentioned adjustment(s) proposed u/s. 143(1)(a) within a period of 30 days (thirty days) from the date of issue of this communication. Please provide the required information or file a revised return, as applicable, through online mode. To submit response, kindly log on to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with your "user name and password" and choose "e-Assessment/Proceeding" under the “e-proceeding" section.

Kindly note:

1. Revised return uploaded as above should have all the data to enable processing. It should contain complete information as furnished in the earlier return along with information pertaining to the errors/incorrect claims/ inconsistencies listed below.

2. You are advised to use the software utility available on the website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in

3. The online response to this communication will be presumed to be duly verified, correct and complete in accordance with the provisions of the Act.

4. The response received shall be considered before making any adjustment. In case, no response is received within 30 days (thirty days) of issue of this intimation, the return of income will be processed after making necessary adjustment(s) u/s 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961 without providing any further opportunities in this matter.

(Guest)
I too called the CPC helpline and was told that do not take any action. If anything is there I will be communicated. This is strange, seems these guys messed up something in their system which they are correcting.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: