Easy Office
LCI Learning

Gst rate for renting of immovable property(commercial shop)

Page no : 2

sunil (CA Practice ) (22 Points)
Replied 29 June 2017

I have my principal place of business in delhi and have an immovable property in Gurgaon. Am I supposed to consider it an interstate supply of service and hence pay IGST or do I have to register in the respective state's GST and then pay CGST? Also I don't have any place of business in the other state so I cannot provide any proof of place of business.!

Tarak Shah (Chartered Accoutants) (105 Points)
Replied 29 June 2017

18% GST on Renting of Immovable properties.

Premjit Choudhury (2 Points)
Replied 30 June 2017

sir , what is the gst tax rate on renting on immovable properties for commercial purpose On basic rent, from 1st july 2017 if possible kindly attach a Invoice format for the same

tme s limted,bt drms r unlmtd (Mba ( fin.) Ca final Student)   (257 Points)
Replied 01 July 2017

in case of service you have to take gst registration in each state you are providing service. correct if am wrong

1 Like

KALPANA and SUNIL TOMAR (ADVOCATE) (93 Points)
Replied 07 July 2017

Dear Rambhia Sir,

Our one of client was paying service tax 15% on renting of immovable property (Commercial Shop rent @ 230000/-per month vide service tax SAC 00440406) . In GST so much confusion so, please clarify the GST Rate and SAC . 

Thanks & Regards,

Advocate Kalpana Singh

Email: advocatekalpanasingh @ gmail.com

sunilexcise @ gmail.com

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (161007 Points)
Replied 07 July 2017

@ Sunil:

NEW GST Code: '997212'  :: Rental or leasing services involving own or leased non-residential property

Rate applicable now 18% with ITC.

Replied 07 July 2017

@ tme s ltd: Yes, The basic reason is place of supply conflict. As such clarification from CBEC is required. As per tweet, it has been confirmed about possibility of interstate supply.

Replied 07 July 2017

@ Premjit: The GST rate as mentioned above is 18% for renting of non-residential units.

Tax invoice remains almost same, only sac code changes of any supply. So, you can use any regular tax invoice format from the link: invoice-templates/tax-invoice/ with basic requirement as per CBEC notification.

KALPANA and SUNIL TOMAR (ADVOCATE) (93 Points)
Replied 07 July 2017

Dear Sir,

Thanks, a lot for your early response.

Thanks

Kalpana

Replied 07 July 2017

Most Welcome........

RUPINDER KAUR (Student CA Final ) (43 Points)
Replied 08 July 2017

we have taken a building on commercial lease & paying rent of Rs.11000/-pm to unregistered person .

whether GST APPLICABLE

IF YES THEN CAN WE TAKE CCR

how much money we have to pay to landlord

Himanshu Dembla (Manager Finance) (22 Points)
Replied 10 July 2017

Sir

Please confirm GST on (Paddy & Rice)  warehouse rent . 

pawan (accountant) (62 Points)
Replied 16 July 2017

Sir, I pay rental on reverse charge mechanism. I am dealing in goods 30% of which are exempted from GST and 70% are taxable at various rates. In such a case should I claim input tax credit of tax paid under Reverse Charge Mechanism proportionately. i.e. only 70% is allowed and 30% will be disallowed?

Murali (software engineer) (79 Points)
Replied 16 July 2017

Sir,

I used to pay service tax of 16% earlier on commercial rental of my building. I understand it is 18% now. I have following questions

1) I used to pay service tax one in a quarter to government. Is it same now also? How do I pay GST on commercial rental? How often?

2) I used to file returns once in 6 months. What is the process now for returns? How frequently I need to file returns?

3) Anything like ITC applicable to Commercial rental as well ?

Regards,

Murali

AMIT AMIN (3 Points)
Replied 20 July 2017

Sir,

We have Many Landlords who have rented us their Shops/offices for our Business. They all do not fall under the Threshold of 20 Lakhs. hence are unregistered. My Query is

1. Would RCM be applicable to us as a Service receipient (AS the vendor is Unregistered)

2. Is it mandatory to get an Invoice from the Vendor (even if he is below Threshold and unregistered)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: