Easy Office
LCI Learning

Is it possible to do CA with job?

Page no : 3

yuvaraj (accounts assistant) (27 Points)
Replied 07 August 2016

Thanks to all of you guys....esply Nisha n mitul discussing on such an situation...the situation what mitul is facing here....even l m facing the same...only thing is I m not qualified pcc or ipcc, a normal graduate guy...after lots of shuffle I decided to get into accounts field...now problem I am in search of a good mentor at my work place and still not found such a person from whom I can get a knowledge transfer...now I m edge of deciding whether to continue the job or should I join a CA FIRM TO get the proper knowledge of accounting n accounts. Font know what decision should I take...please give suggestions guys.

nisha joshi (article assistant) (57 Points)
Replied 07 August 2016

Join article firm

venkat (CA ) (1518 Points)
Replied 07 August 2016

Mr mitul what work u do as an assistant wat is ur work profile

Replied 07 August 2016

Since u are already in an MNC going to a firm doing articleship may not work practically but yes as some suggested if u do articles do it from some big 4 or other top firms which may add brand value to your resume and sine u already have exp after passing CA u will get a niche profile in corporates

Replied 07 August 2016

Yes u can study while doing job must study everyday after coming home till 12 am in night and don't waste a single min i passed my final 1st grp in the same way I feel that since u are working quitting job and sitting in home and studying ? How do u feel? Just analyse I don't think it feels good (my opinion )

Replied 07 August 2016

Just consider cma or Cs they give exemption to articles a more practical wY than doing CA at ur age cptpassedcan directly appear for Cs executive 

GAURAV AGARWAL (Operations) (83 Points)
Replied 08 August 2016

Just to add on, there will be no harm to pursue CA alongwith Job. I had completed the same way but fortunately the age at which I completed was 24. and hence age factor would be a big concern as industry tend to absorb fresh talent despite you have vast experience as it lowers the cost to Company/Industry.

Atharva Joshi (pursuing) (119 Points)
Replied 08 August 2016

I suggest you to enter ISB...1 year mba... stupendous value..much more than ca nyways. Secondly if you want to pursue CA do dummy... articleship is nothing but a chore and at your age it will be not of much use. But try and do industrial training, it will allow you to join a good company. Frankly ca curriculum apart from tax n accounts is outdated and redundant. So if u want to work in finance or enter consultancy this is not a right course for you

GAURAV AGARWAL (Operations) (83 Points)
Replied 08 August 2016

Dear Mr. Atharva,

With due respect I appreciate your thoughts but the line "Frankly ca curriculum apart from tax n accounts is outdated and redundant" really surprised me. Being a part of the profession how could you comment that the same is outdated. Please elaborate which subject matter is outdated and how?.

Replied 08 August 2016

The subject matter is redundant considering you want to work in finance or mgmt consultancy profile. If you want to work in audit or tax then it wont be of any problem. The things we learn in finance are mostly automated now n cn be worked out in excel in 5 mins. The real tasks that a finance professional has to go through are not a part of our curriculum. Being a first attempt CA, i am thinking of doing an MBA to enter mgmt consultancy 

Prashant Rajput (An insatiable Learner) (889 Points)
Replied 08 August 2016

@ Atharva: Congrats on becoming a CA.I won't advise you to go for Mngt consulting profile after MBA.The hindering factor is you being a CA.

The thing is Mngt consultants are persons whose task is to think out of the box.On the contraire,CA students are conditioned to refer to Co.Acts.Tax Acts,formulaes,texts of accounting standards.No blue sky thinking.No case study based paper on real life problems.IIT are usually sought after for these roles. Don't take my word for it.Meet one consultant who is engaged in solving Business problems.

You may also go for,inter alia,Strategic planning,Strategy implementation and decision making kind of roles. The real tasks that a finance professional has to go through are not a part of our curriculum. Do explain this part.will be informative for us

Replied 09 August 2016

I agree but ISB if you know is known for its consulting domain, being a CA helps you get that jobs. I dont consider finance that we learn in CA final useful at all, all the things we learn cn u solved by excel in 5mins, but there are various sites where you can gain knowledge. I used to haunt investopedia and have also completed some courses from coursera :)

kishore (STUDENT(IPCC)) (867 Points)
Replied 09 August 2016

Hi, Am telling a truth about my unche he pursued CA for 20 years he passed at the age of 40, now his age 50bEFORE HE QUALIFYING ca he just used to go two wheeler and staying in rent house, after qualify now he own 2 flats 1 skoda car, 1 Individual house, he is doing practice and he never left job his 20 years experience help him in practice, my suggestion, if u not married, first get married and then u ll get a moral support if u have a dream and if u have a desire definitely u ll get result all the best, but do job in ca firm not in any organisation, because if u work at an auditor u ll learn different types of works and itl will help in future

yuvaraj (accounts assistant) (27 Points)
Replied 10 August 2016

Nisha you meant to say CA ARTICLE FIRM OR ANY OTHER...I DIDN'T GOT THAT...can please clarify my doubt...:)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro