Easy Office

Best book for ca final isca

Page no : 2

Anurag Saini (Consultant) (38 Points)
Replied 25 July 2016

Hi Nilesh,

As everybody unanimously agree to it that Study Material has all the things you need. I think (I may be incorrect in my understanding) the problem is that it is difficult to mug things up and hence it gets difficult to remember what is written in the book.

Try with the following advise and let me know if it works. In case it doesn't we can work through each chapter and topic. This might help our friends as well.

Assume that you are a "Director of Information Technolgoy" in one of very big company and now you have got a responsibility to deal with IT for this organization. You will have to define company strategy, governance objectives, risks and finally appropriately work with the Information Technology and Information Systems. To perfectly manage the IT and IS, you need right amount of controls and audit mechanisms. However, you cannot audit something about which you do not know much. It is like, asking you to ride a bike when you do not even know how to start a bike.

First chapter will make a lot of sense when you read it from the perspective of a senior management person. But if you find the first chapter difficult, start with the second chapter and skip this one to the last.

Second chapter is a carry forward of Information System Concepts from CA-IPCC Group II ITSM subject. The course of IPCC was revised recently and hence this was not the case prior to 2014. But you can still pickup latest IT book from IPCC course (read it on ICAI website if you do not want to buy) and go through it once to build some basic concept and then read the second chapter "Information System Concepts".

Then Chapter 5 (Acquisition, Development and Implementation of Information System (SDLC) can be picked up. Since it actually talks about how an information system is analyzed, developed and implemented in an organization. How it takes a form of project ("A project is a temporary endeavour which has a definite beginning and end") and the methodologies used for implementation?

After Chapter 5 your IS is implemented and working in company, now skim through Chapter 3 and 4. Read them and they will make a lot of sense.

Chapter 6 is most important. Auditing of Information System. You must not read this unless you get the hold of Chapter 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Chapter 7 and 8 are a bit technical in nature. Guidelines by means of Acts and Regulations for internal controls and audit requirements. Also the overview of security standards.

Chapter 1: Now you can go through the chapter 1.

Chapter 8: Emerging Technologies. This is the one chapter which doesn't require much explanation but you may need some imagination to remember them.

We can talk about revision and when to do it, but if you want to score (this is a scoring subject) you need to write whatever is written in study material (may not be exactly same language), since it is very difficult for an examiner to go out of the book and ask you the question about it. For example, you will not get a questions like: Why an Information System is usually an n-tier architecture? How will you achieve high availability in case of mission critical applications?

These are just my two cents in terms of how to prepare for this subject and it may and may not work for you, but it is worth trying. You can always write back for understanding a particular topic and I hope I will be able to explain the terms.

All the best!

Thank You,

Anurag

PS: I hope my first post in the forum is helpful in nature !!!

2 Like

RAKESH AGARWAL (CA Final Student) (22 Points)
Replied 25 July 2016

institute book is best for ISCA...

Vivek Agrawal (CA & CS Final) (146 Points)
Replied 25 July 2016

You already failed in ISCA ofter refering institutes study mat so dont repeat the same mistake again. study mat is bulky cant be memorized during exams. Manish valecha is exact copy of study mat but simplified and gives u examples & memory code to remember the material. I am also learning ISCA from study mat plus manish valecha book plus practice manual. all topic of study mat are covered in valecha sir's book.. if you can prepare this subject in 1 week then y are u wasting your years to complete isca. pass hi to karna hai.

NileshOdedara (Proprietor at Nilesh Rana & Co)   (124 Points)
Replied 25 July 2016

yes... its the way i studies full first group, but i cannot mug up the codes in co ordination with questions... i am thinking to go for manish vaalecha sir's book with institute pm and past papers... thanx a lot....

Bhav Bhuti Sharma (Towards Professionalism )   (823 Points)
Replied 28 July 2016

(Manish Valecha + PM) x 3 revisions = Sufficient marks in ISCA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro