Salary tds plus minor 194h tds deductions

Tushar (MBA) (52 Points)

12 July 2015  

Hi,

I have a regular salaried job so I have TDS deducted through salary and bank FDs. Also, in the FY2014-15 I was paid a referral commission of Rs. 13,000 by a firm and it deducted TDS of approx. Rs. 1300 under 194H, which appears on my Form 26AS as well. Unfortunately, I already filed my tax return 3-4 days back without showing this particular income and TDS as I wasn't aware that TDS has been deducted on this until I checked my Form 26AS which was after filing my return. I was earlier informed that it was a gift amount and hence I wasn't expecting it to have been paid to me in the form of 'referral commission'. Btw, I used ITR 2A to file my tax return as I have home loan and rental income. Anyway, now I am thinking of revising the tax return right away so that no mismatch occurs later on between Form 26AS and my tax filing when it gets processed. For revision, can I still use ITR 2A to show this income by referral commission and declare TDS? If no, then what's the solution? I mean to ask whether ITR 2A accommodates income/ TDS from this source.

Thanks in advance for your help!