Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ca final exams after a gap of 5 years

Page no : 2

(Guest)

I am new to this forum and I am really glad that i got to interact with some great professionals here. So the main takeaway for me from this discussion  is that I SHOULD FOCUS ON MY EXAMS RIGHT NOW. This reminds me of Rancho's famous dialogue from 3 Idiots "Kabil bano  Kabil, Kamyaabi jhak maarke piche ayegi" !   Thanks to each and everyone for replying . Will get back with more queries relating to exams . All the Best to all. My query is resolved now.

1 Like

ADITYA KUMAR JENA (managing director) (27 Points)
Replied 29 March 2015

Good luck...you have done it before ..so be positive and get going.
1 Like

Ravi Kumar Prajapati (CA FINAL) (766 Points)
Replied 29 March 2015

Dear Rupma and all my freinds please click on this link below i hope that the way you think will be changed after reading the story of Mrs. Patrica narayan.

https://www.facebook.com/icaiprofessionals/photos/a.1434172586835910.1073741828.1424921821094320/1574706542782513/?type=1&theater

Ravi Kumar Prajapati (CA FINAL) (766 Points)
Replied 29 March 2015

Starting from merely 50 paisa per day, Mrs. Patricia Narayan now earns INR 2 lakh a day. She started her career 31 years ago as an entrepreneur, selling eateries from a mobile cart on the Marina beach a midst all odds. Today, she has overcome the hurdles and owns a chain of restaurants.
She married against the will of her parents. Unfortunately, the marriage failed but her parents never forgave her and she was on her own along with 2 children.
"I knew I should either succumb to the burden or fight; I decided to fight my lonely battle.” she said. She started selling pickles, squashes and jams she made at home.
However, the turning point in her life came when she started her own cart on Marine Drive, Mumbai in the year 1980. This gave her identity and exposure. According to her, the Marina beach was her business school, her MBA. On the first she just sold one cup of coffee, making 50 paise the first day. But she never lost hope and earned as high as 2500 rs a day.
One day the Slum Clearance Board gave her an offer to run the canteen at their office with a proper kitchen. The chairman met her during morning walk. Thereafter, she never looked back.
In 2004, life again took an ugly turn when she lost her daughter in a car accident along with her son-in-law. This was a huge setback for her. The ambulance refused to carry their dead bodies. Finally, somebody carried all the dead bodies in the boot of a car. She couldn't bear the scene and broke down.
That is when she decided to keep an ambulance on that very spot to help people whether the victims are alive or dead.
Pain is an inevitable part of life and it must not stop us from moving forward as ‘moving is life’ and ‘still is dead’. Her journey was briefly halted by her daughter’s death but it did not take permanently pause. A couple of years later, she set up 'Sandeepha' restaurant along with her son in memory of her daughter.
Her dedication and hardwork helped Sandeepha attain great heights in the hospitality sector. Today, Sandeepha boasts of channelising sales through 14 outlets across Chennai, earning INR 2 lakh on an average daily basis. She was awarded ‘FICCI Entrepreneur Of The Year’ in 2010.

1 Like

CA Mohit Jain (nil) (101 Points)
Replied 29 March 2015

Dear Rumpa I personally think that it all depends upon you to resume CA or not. You should have fire in your belly to do CA. Pls dont worry abt job because a CA can easily get a job.
1 Like

Aarthi (Analyst) (252 Points)
Replied 30 March 2015

Rupma. It is s sad that you r asking such questions even after completing CS. Worrying about age, over worrying about job, obsessed with campus placements are Ok if you are a fresher who has just cleared professional exams but if you are already a professional this is not an encouraging thought. Makes me wonder how much professionalism our professionals have, there are many such qualified ppl. with similar mindset. Maybe like someone asked in this forum ( in a different. Post) that's y we don't hv many ca cs cma entrepreneurs! Dear Rupma think.like a fin. professional. Complete your exams and when u apply for jobs it won't be that difficult. Like a friend suggested here, be confident and don't worry so much. Remember you are already a qualified CS. All the best.

Vivek Venkataram (Just cleared CS(441/800) now C.A Final Attempt in May 2015)   (772 Points)
Replied 30 March 2015

Hi rumpa

Its really appreciable the fact that even after doing a job having 1 professional degree you want to come back and complete the 2nd degree.

if you complete in first attempt u will be considered as a first attempt. Also u have a 2nd degree and relevant work ex . i would be surprised if u cant command 65 to 70 k per month.

Anyways best of luck . first things first u must pass in this attempt.

Cheers

(Guest)

Guys I am not demotivating anyone or setting a bad example , I am sure I will be a woman Director someday with a private jet and 2 apartments at Beverly Hills ..! laugh 

Vivek Venkataram (Just cleared CS(441/800) now C.A Final Attempt in May 2015)   (772 Points)
Replied 30 March 2015

Why do u wanna live in beverly hills... :p why not pali hills bandra or lutyens colony new delhi.. haha..

Jithin (Learner) (1057 Points)
Replied 30 March 2015

Originally posted by : Aarthi
Rupma. It is s sad that you r asking such questions even after completing CS. Worrying about age, over worrying about job, obsessed with campus placements are Ok if you are a fresher who has just cleared professional exams but if you are already a professional this is not an encouraging thought. Makes me wonder how much professionalism our professionals have, there are many such qualified ppl. with similar mindset. Maybe like someone asked in this forum ( in a different. Post) that's y we don't hv many ca cs cma entrepreneurs!

Well everybody is apprehensive at the initial stages of one's career. The person who had raised this query is still at the starting point of her career as a CA. Of course as you say she is in a better position than a normal CA fresher, having some work experience and a professional degree already in hand. But yet she is in the initial stages of her career and it is quite natural she is a tad anxious. I dont see how it impacts one's professionalism.

And for your kind info, we have a large pool of CA entrepreneurs in India. A few examples of companies set up by CAs are CRISIL, HDFC, Axis Risk Consulting(later on taken over by Genepact),Emami,KPIT Cummins,etc. The entrepreneurs with an engineering/management background shall still outnumber the CA entrepreneurs. But that is only due to the fact that the total no CAs is very less compared to the engineering/management graduates. If we instead compare the CA entreprenuers with the engineering/management graduates in percentage terms(No. of CA entreprenuers/Total no of CAs x 100   Vs. No. of engineering or management entrepreneurs/Total no. of engineering or management graduates x 100), we will get a much better idea about how CAs perform as entrepreneurs in comparison to engineers and management graduates. To be honest, entrepreneurship is a personal choice and doesnt have much to do with one's educational background. Of course the exposure we get in our colleges/articleship firms(for people with CA background) and interaction with fellow students having an entrepreneurial bent will have a certain impact. But ultimately it boils down to individual interest. 

1 Like

Aarthi (Analyst) (252 Points)
Replied 30 March 2015

Thx. JITHIN for the additional info on Ca entrepreneurs. In all our 3 institutions we hear the word professionalism frequently, but passed candidates behave like graduates when they come to the job market. Makes me wonder, are we all actually thinking like professionals? One such example was the way Rumpa seemed overly concerned about placement n hence my comment. If these courses don't increase our confidence and don't give us good placement opportunities are they worth the effort?! Point to ponder....

(Guest)

I do not have to prove my professionalism to anyone here. I thought CCI would be a proper platform to share my concern and I did . I didnt realise worrying about my career /placements etc would make  me sound unprofessional .Anyways everybody has a right to express their thoughts so It doesnt bother me much. Thanks all

Replied 31 March 2015

Hey guys and girls

I think it is absolutely unacceptable that a few of you are judging rumpa on the fact that she is worried about her job prospects. Her worry is genuine and nobody has the right to question or worry about her personal selections.

we are here at CCI to encourage and push our fellow members in the right direction so that they achieve there goals and make friends on there way.

My word to rumpa dont be discouraged by people judging you. you have selected a path for yourself and you are doing pretty well on it . so relax and forge your way ahead.

cheers

1 Like

Replied 31 March 2015

Originally posted by : Aarthi
Thx. JITHIN for the additional info on Ca entrepreneurs. In all our 3 institutions we hear the word professionalism frequently, but passed candidates behave like graduates when they come to the job market. Makes me wonder, are we all actually thinking like professionals? One such example was the way Rumpa seemed overly concerned about placement n hence my comment. If these courses don't increase our confidence and don't give us good placement opportunities are they worth the effort?! Point to ponder....

Hi Aarthi, our views on professionalism are definitely different. I dont consider the concern or anxiousness shown by somebody on the issue of getting a good job thru campus as lack of professionalism. If u regard this as a violation of professionalism, you wont be able to find even a single professional on earth, or atleast in India! Pls go to forums like pagalguy and u will realise how anxious, and in your own words, how overly concerned, are the MBA passouts from IIMs and other premier institututes. It is the same with professionals from all streams. Everybody as a fresher is anxious about his/her future. 

You are entitled to your own opinions and I respect your views(although I dont concur with those). But lets not pinpoint a specific individual. Who are we to judge Rumpa or for that matter anybody else individually(purely based on a post in the forum)??. If you want to discuss about how our professionalism is affected by the current crop of CA freshers' attitude towards campus placements, pls open a seperate thread for that purpose. That way we can discuss without hurting anybody.  

Replied 31 March 2015

Originally posted by : Rumpa
I do not have to prove my professionalism to anyone here. I thought CCI would be a proper platform to share my concern and I did . I didnt realise worrying about my career /placements etc would make  me sound unprofessional .Anyways everybody has a right to express their thoughts so It doesnt bother me much. Thanks all

Hi Rumpa you are the best judge of yourself and, as you say, you dont have to prove your professionalism to any of us. None of us know you personally and how on earth can we talk about your professionalism and confidence level! Just ignore such comments. I am sure you are going to have a great career. All the Best for your final exams and the career ahead.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro