Easy Office
LCI Learning

Proposed scheme of new CA course released

Page no : 3

Pratheek (cpt) (49 Points)
Replied 13 February 2015

from when is it applicable? and the idea of separating costing and FM is very idea for IPCC because students will be under a lot of pressure. And those who cleared 1st group and then the syllabus changes it will result to a lot of confusion.

Vikas Choudhary (student) (21 Points)
Replied 13 February 2015

Dear Hammad Rashid syllabus of ITSM is not of CA standard. A CA wil not check whether cable is coaxle or twisted pair.

CA Goutam Sharma (Chartered Accountant in Practice)   (468 Points)
Replied 13 February 2015

Isca is surely an important subject but what institue has given in its study mat is a mere introduction. It was required to either upgrade it or drop it. Icai decided to upgrade its other core subjects and its an excellent move. However it had to sacrifice ISCA. May be they will launch an additional course for it for qualified CAs. They had to manage the slots of subject. I will appreciate this move..

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Vikas Choudhary
Dear Hammad Rashid syllabus of ITSM is not of CA standard. A CA wil not check whether cable is coaxle or twisted pair.

In my articleship days, there used to come a situation where we have to assemble computers by ourselves. Nobody has the time to wait for the engineer to come. Time is valuable. 

So, while doing assembly of computer, a basic knowledge of different cables was must. 

A CA who does not want to waste his whole day waiting for the Engineer to come and repair/assemble the computer system ( which is a basic operation : to assemble and start the PC ) , the knowledge of coaxle and twisted pair becomes imperative.

There are specific cables for Monitor, specific cables for printer, specific cables for Keyboard, mouse.

Besides this, how to form a network, how to connect a terminal to the main dedicated server, how to back up files and retreive the files when some article deletes it by mistake.

I am amazed at your argument.

Role/Utility of knowledge of Different cables can only be felt in the articleship, if done seriously.

Vikash Saraswat (Service) (22 Points)
Replied 13 February 2015

I agree with my other friends ca 's must have the knowledge of information technology than what about caat audit, system audit etc

Arif Ali (Apt Co Advisory) (1230 Points)
Replied 13 February 2015

Originally posted by : pooja
What about direct entry criteria?? Still it will be same as earlier??

yes pooja it will be same as earlier. 

NEHA KANORIA (Student CA Final ) (105 Points)
Replied 13 February 2015

My exam will be due in May, 2016 . What effect will I have?

Replied 13 February 2015

Originally posted by : Hammad Rashid
Again I will say "BIGGEST FOOLS ARE THOSE WHO UNDERMINE THE IMPORTANCE OF ISCA/IT.EVERYTHING IS ON CLOUDS THESE DAYS.FUTURE IS CASHLESS ECONOMY,ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE.CURRENCIES LIKE BITCOINS ARE HOT ISSUES.INFORMATION SYSTEM IS THE ESSENCE OF THIS NEW WORLD ORDER. BIGGEST BLUNDER EVER WILL BE THE DELETION OF ISCA, IT."

ISCA and IT are not the core subjects in all the CA, CPA, CMA courses abroad. But they have a very high computer literacy rate. Their computer literacy rate is about 85-90%. This is the reason they have no IT, ISCA paper.

But India is a developing country. Our Computer literacy rate is very poor. Blindly copying the curriculum of foreign accounting Institutes is a foolish thing. 

ICAI will deprive the CA students of rural background of even basic IT / ISCA knowledge.

What kind of CA's will come up ? How will they appreciate the utility of Enterprise Resource Planning Softwares ? 

Are we going back to BAHI-KHATA ??

The developed countries are way ahead in the field of ISCA/IT. This is a hot field. If Indian CA's will leave/ignore this field, CMA and other finance courses will take advantage of this.

If you have knowledge about practical issues of IT you will be valuable for any employer. We have to look beyond books. How many of CA students know about Crypto-Currencies like Bitcoin, MaxCoin, StarCoin,The case of MegaUpload, The case of Edward Snowden : NSA revelations, Julian Assange:The revelations of Wikileaks, The latest cyber war between USA and North Korea over the movie " The Interview", The closure of Piratebay .

To understand the intricasies of these events/stories, knowledge of ISCA/IT is of utmost importance.

We have IT and ISCA right now.But majority of students have no clues about above topics. Just imagine, what will happen when the knowledge of IT/ ISCA will be restricted to 2 three weeks trainings. This trainings will be a joke just like our GMCS I and II. Corporate world even doubt our 3 years training. Only Big4 training is given due respect.

If ICAI deletes ISCA, IT from its curriculum, the competitive advantage of a CA is bound to go down.

Hi Rashid, I agree with you. But ICAI is saying that we are introducing 2 three week IT programme. so need of IT and ISCA paper. I think removing of IT paper may be right but removing of ISCA paper is not correct. It should not be removed from CA curriculum. It gives the therotical knowledge of Audit through computer, ERP development, IT Act, etc.

Replied 13 February 2015

Originally posted by : NEHA KANORIA
My exam will be due in May, 2016 . What effect will I have?

the proposed scheme will not any effect on your may 2016 exam. this proposed scheme will be applicable only for new student. and ICAI will give definite period to old students to clear your exam, if not cleared then they have to migrate into new scheme after ending the definite period.

Replied 13 February 2015

Originally posted by : vishu
Jinka final ka 1 group nikal gaya hai unka new scheme mai bhe vo group cleared mana jayega na...
Plz reply

yes it should be. However ICAI will notify about this later.

ACMA M.Abdul Khaliq (CMA) (214 Points)
Replied 13 February 2015

In the world of Hacking, Uncertainty , Cyber warfare
ISCA is useless, instead counter hacking programming courses should be introduced to enhance programming skills rather than mere theoretical  subject like
ISCA .

mohammed uzair (article assistant) (27 Points)
Replied 14 February 2015

New scheme is even more horrible than existing scheme if they wanted to scrap isca why did they revised it they only want to make things complicated every attempt they are changing each subject to cause undue hardship to final student add to their misery

MANOJ (Learner) (884 Points)
Replied 14 February 2015

The success of the new curriculum depends more on the two three-wek sessions of It and soft skills. The institute is relying so much on this programme that it has gone to the extent of removing the related subjects from the theory course.. I dont think the chapters are ready to provide such an efficient programme.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : MANOJ
The success of the new curriculum depends more on the two three-wek sessions of It and soft skills. The institute is relying so much on this programme that it has gone to the extent of removing the related subjects from the theory course.. I dont think the chapters are ready to provide such an efficient programme.

Precisely, My point

Shailesh W (nobodies) (327 Points)
Replied 16 February 2015

My attemp is in May 2017 and if i want to migrate in new Scheme than can i go for new Scheme or not sir...?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: