Easy Office
LCI Learning

What is C Form?

Page no : 2

gayatri (Accountant) (24 Points)
Replied 12 September 2011

Dear Sir,

we have purchased the material from other state and he billed with 5% tax and he is also asking for c form. but according to the rules there is 2% tax against c form please give the full details.

PHALGUNA RAO K (ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE) (21 Points)
Replied 17 October 2011

Originally posted by : Akanksha
Hii...........CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT IS THIS C-FORM AND WHERE EXACTLY IT IS APPLICABLE???? ALSO FOR VAT RETURN PURPOSES WHAT IS ITS USE???

Good evening to all of you!

my self is Phalguna Rao from M/s. Salarpuria Properties Pvt. Ltd. - Hyderabad, our company is into to real estate developing, we are developing one site at hyderabad for commerical complex for the we have registed with commercial tax dept under VAT & CST Acts. here my querry is that we have awarded structural glazing works (Elevation glass) to Bangalore based company ALUFIT including material now they are requesting for 'C' form from us for material shifting (aluminium angles) to hyderabad from bangalore to avail 2% rate of tax

shall we avail 'C' form from Commerical tax dept and can we issue the same to our vendor pleas clarify me.  

CA yogesh jain (job) (53 Points)
Replied 08 December 2011

thks to every one,for such valuable knowledge sharing.

CA Umamaheswara Rao (Chartered Accountant) (72 Points)
Replied 08 December 2011

Sorry CA RICHA BOTHRA

you posted that one C-FORM is sufficient for all  transactions in one financial year

one C-FORM can be issued for all transactions in one quarter. And for transactions in second quarter another C-FORM should be issued

in short 

one C-form can be issued for all transactions in one quarter but not for entire financial year

3 Like

Somnath Sharma (Practicing Chartered Accountant)   (81 Points)
Replied 03 January 2012

Dear Sir. Thanks for the useful information.

I have another query. Some of our clients(registered dealers) have purchased certain capital goods from another state. but these capital goods are not used for manufacturing purposes while against c form only goods intended for resale and manufacturing can only be purchased. can u please tell me what will be the consequences. 

Daljit Singh (Proprietor) (21 Points)
Replied 30 January 2012

Hello everyone,

I had purchased material for Rs 10,00,000 in AY 2010-2011 from OMS, the seller as per law taxed 2% against Cform, Subsequently i applied for Cfom online to Maharashtra Sales tax office, they sent the Cform via speed post but due to non availability of any employee in my office, later i wrote a request letter to the Sales tax authorities to resend me the forms, but this time it never came to my office. When i inquired again with them they say it was unclaimed and hence the postman returned to the tax offce.

Now i went to the office and dy commisioner told me to get an Rs 100 affidavit (stating the presence of the company at the address) and a reply letter from post office stating the reason for "unclaim remark" .

Is this procedure correct, and is it not possible to collect the Cform personally from their offce(which they say, is not possible).

Please guide me.

nagaraju (Accountant) (27 Points)
Replied 19 May 2012

The Buyer should provide a C Form to the seller, C Form will be issued by the commercial Tax Office,

C Form Means any Interstate Sale during (Or) Purchase,

Interstate Means from One State to Another State

For Example : If Company "A" Belong to Andhra is a Seller and the Company "B" Belongs to the Karnataka is a Buyer

in this Case the Buyer "B" from Karnataka  have to give C form obtaining from the Commerical Tax Office send to the "A:

Seller of the Andhra Pradesh.

chitrak banerjee (CA Inter) (32 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

thanks to all who have posted their knowledge about C Form

ganesh (accounts officer) (22 Points)
Replied 26 June 2012

Please confirm which amount to be mentioned in Form- C either total Bill amount or Taxable Amount as per CST Act

ganesh (accounts officer) (22 Points)
Replied 28 June 2012

Originally posted by : ganesh

Please confirm which amount to be mentioned in Form- C either total Bill amount or Taxable Amount as per CST Act

santosh (Accountant) (34 Points)
Replied 29 June 2012

Dear sir,

Whether can we recieve the c-form advance

kindly inform about advance c-form can get

thanks/regards

Santosh

Accountant

Aaliyah textiles (Accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 21 July 2012

how can i get c-form from online.what is the procedure.

AMARESH PANDA (study) (25 Points)
Replied 08 August 2012

Can any one tell me the procedure to apply for C form for first time,,

If a furniture company newly opened in delhi and have a Vat Tin no, and the company have to issue C form to his Supplier, then what basic rules company have to follow...

Plz give me proper answer, i really need answer so badly, thanx

Amaresh panda

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 08 August 2012

Originally posted by : AMARESH PANDA

Can any one tell me the procedure to apply for C form for first time,,

If a furniture company newly opened in delhi and have a Vat Tin no, and the company have to issue C form to his Supplier, then what basic rules company have to follow...

Plz give me proper answer, i really need answer so badly, thanx

Amaresh panda

to get C form you need CST registration, 

you need to issue "waybill"1st before bringing goods from outside, 

when goods reach in your hand, you have to show the same in your returns, and file the CST return. where in appropriate place you have to mention that u need C form against follwing bills .........with statement 

after submission of return, department allow you to take print online of generated C forms. sign the same and submit to seller. 

Nalinikanth (Asst Manager - F&A) (52 Points)
Replied 10 October 2012

1.C-Form is issued by the purchaser to the seller [in an inter-state sale]

2.C-Form is a proof that the purchaser is a registered dealer, and that he'll use the purchased goods to resasle/ use in manufacture.

3.The purchaser asks the seller to levy CST @ 2%, instead of VAT rate in the seller's state, by giving him the C-Form.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register